Sunday, October 16, 2016

Second week of October

Monday was a day off of school for Columbus day.  I had ordered my groceries online and picked those up just after 8 am with all the kids--pretty sweet to just sit in a parking space and have them all loaded up in just 10 minutes and not have to get the kids out of the car!  We put the groceries away and then drove out to Shad and Amy's house.  We hung out with Amy and Ellie (their kids still had school) for about 2 hours and then Megan had an appointment with Shad.  We drove home after that. Brooke taught FHE about Lehi's Dream.  It went well and the kids were excited to follow the iron rod (broom handle) to our treat--dum dums.  Emily was fussy in the afternoon and evening which is so strange for her that I made her an appointment at the doctor for the morning to make sure she didn't have an ear infection.

Dan worked at home in the morning Tuesday which is always nice.  I felt silly at Emily's appointment--she was fine, no ear infection at all.  She was probably just cranky because her naps were messed up driving to Katy and back.  I spent time that day working on a lightning mcqueen costume for Jack.  It was pretty fun.  Megan found out that she gets to sing a solo part at the school's veteran's day program.  She tried out a few weeks back and was over the moon excited to get the part. 

We had playgroup at a really cool park on Wednesday.  It was down in the Heights and there were 6 friends and their kids that came.  It was just a few blocks from a Torchy's, so we just had to stop and grab lunch there before heading home.  I brought Ashley's 3 year old girl with me since she and Beckett are out of town (I was giving her mother in law a break).  I finished Jack's costume at quiet time and he was one excited boy to try it on.  He's been wearing it off and on since then.  After dinner that night I went up to the temple.  Dad was at the recommend desk and Sally was just outside the chapel upstairs so I got to see both of them.  I did initiatories and about halfway through the workers rotated and Sally got to be with me for the last few names.  After I finished I went to the Celestial room for a few minutes.  I was the only one in there for about 5 minutes and it was so quiet.  I don't get many times in my day that are quiet like that and it was so nice to ponder and pray uninterrupted. 

One of the trains to play on at the park...





Thursday morning I watched my friend's little girl in the morning.  I headed to pick up more groceries after that--Dan and his brother in law Ben and Chris Roundy (Jenn Talbot Roundy's hubby) were going hunting for the next few days and Dan had taken charge of the food for the weekend.  Dan and Ben left around 4 pm and Ali and her kids came to play before dinner.  They got to the ranch safe and sound just after 9 pm.

Emily tried her hand at banana pieces on Thursday--adorable and she LOVED it.
Friday Jack had his playschool and I had my tennis class.  I'm getting better and having fun.  I worked on cutting out Candy's Snow White costume in the afternoon.  It was hot after school so I met Ashley's mother in law at the pool and let the kids swim and play for an hour or so.  I watched my friend's 3 kids for an hour or so at dinnertime so she could go to the stake relief society temple trip (her husband-our bishop-was running late).  Jenn Roundy came over after work and it was fun to have her here for dinner and to help with kids.  After I got my kids to bed we just talked and laughed and caught up and then we watched the first half of the BYU game before she headed home at 11 and I went to bed.  We won in double overtime, but I missed seeing it!  Glad for a win though. 

Saturday was the Fall Fair at the elementary school.  We headed there after lunch and the kids had fun spending their tickets on games and candy.  Brooke climbed a rock wall and Megan and Brooke got their hair spray painted.  A friend took Jack and Candy home with her and I stayed to volunteer at the nurse's station.  It was boring (thankfully no injuries!) but air conditioned and Megan and Brooke had a great time running around on their own and checking in with me from time to time.  The kids and I watched a movie before bed and then I got the house picked up.  Dan got home around 9:30.  No hogs or deer, but he did shoot a rabbit.  His brother in law got a deer.  He had a great time though and hopes to go back.




It was a really relaxing Sunday morning.  Dan didn't have early meetings so we got to sleep in a little (7:15! ) and enjoy the morning as a family (ha!  the kids were pretty squabbly, but I was glad to have Dan home).  The kids were really good at sacrament meeting--they all earned church points for listening in sacrament meeting and their classes.  Even Jack paid attention in sacrament meeting--one of the talks was about the hope and joy of the gospel and every time he said the word "Joy" Jack would loudly whisper ,"Mom he say Joy!".  We did a practice for the primary program--it's next week.  We stayed after church for tithing settlement and had a nice afternoon.  Quiet time and then Dan played games with the kids while I worked on dinner.  It was just nice and peaceful.

Brookie and Megan wanted hot rollers for their hair this morning--they were pretty excited to do their hair like I do :)

No comments: