Monday was the usual, grocery swapping, dinner prep, and family night. I taught a lesson on getting ready for general conference. I found these printable packets that have a page for questions to write down that you need answers to at conference, pages for taking notes and writing down inspiration that comes as you listen, and a page to write down what things you want to work on as a result of conference. So I printed one for each of us and encouraged us to be thinking of questions throughout the week..
Emily on Monday in one of her favorite spots to play
Feats of strength before family night
Emily is rolling all over and can scoot but only backwards. She keeps getting stuck around the couch and whining until someone comes to rescue her.
Tuesday we had playgroup at my house, not our usual day, but it was
fun. The weather was nice and cool so Jack and Emily and I took a walk
before playgroup. The girls had piano after school and I got to go to
book club that night.
Wednesday was MY turn for the
dentist. I took Jack and Emily with me and they were both really good.
Emily fell asleep in her carseat and Jack sat mesmerized by Cars (his
favorite these days). I went from my appointment to a pot luck brunch
at the new home of a good friend who just moved out of the ward. They
work for Exxon and are in a new neighborhood close to the new campus.
Nice house and fun to be with friends. Megan had activity days after
school and when she got home Dan left to help with a youth temple trip.
While we ate dinner Megan and Brooke were squabbling and Megan pulled
on Brooke's arm and Brooke REALLY seemed hurt. She fell on that arm
last Friday at a birthday party and it had been bothering her off and
on. So then I was worried it was broken after all. Thankfully Carrie
was leaving work right then and she headed over to sit with the kids
while I took Brooke to an urgent care for x rays (since Dan was at the
temple). No break, probably just sprained.
My daytime helpers before naps Wednesday. Jack loves to snuggle Emily. We got to the urgent care at 7:20 pm and left at 9:15--Brooke fell asleep while we waited.
Thursday was yet another appointment, this time for Jack. It was
his check in with the ophthalmologist. He did great with the eye exams
(I had brought some candy to help encourage him) and even started using
an eye chart with letters which is great bc it's more accurate than the
one with pictures. The doc was happy to see that his eyes need the same
prescription for both--they are developing equally. He's doing great
overall and is good now for 6 months. We ran from the doctor to a
visiting teaching appointment with a new sister, Andrea. The weather was still great (highs in the low 80s and not too
humid) and we met up with Ali and some other friends at a park after
school.
The doc at urgent care wrapped Brooke's
arm--she had the kids at school sign it like a cast (which I think is
hilarious since she really is fine most of the time--she was doing
cartwheels and climbing all over the place with her arm all wrapped!)
Friday was still nice weather so we walked the mile to drop Jack
off for playschool. I got caught up on things at the house while Jack
was gone. I met some friends at the park for a quick playdate before
quiet time. That night we had babysit swap. Dan and I ate a quick
dinner and caught a session at the temple. It was great to be there
together. It had been closed most of September. We watched the first
half of the BYU game with the Tracy's before heading home near 11 with
our kids (they had been asleep there for babysit night). I didn't make
it til the close finish, but we won! Dan played it for me on Saturday.
Cute babe at the park.Saturday was great. We had a slow morning and had the Tracy's over for pull aparts and bacon and eggs and OJ. The kids tried to fill out their packets with questions for conference. I think I got the most out of the packets, but that's ok. I also made them bingo cards to fill in as they heard words in the talks--their markers were pennies and they were VERY into those. They did great for both sessions and listened more than they played (especially the morning session). We had Ali's fam over for dinner after the second session and that was fun before the husbands went to priesthood session. The kids rode bikes with neighbors til bedtime which was fun too.
It's been a great Sunday. We got up and had a pancake breakfast and headed down to Dad's around 10. Carrie and Alex were there when we arrived. Our kids had never met Alex and I was worried they'd be nervous about his beard, but they did fine and had fun saying hi to his dog between sessions. When we were leaving, Jack was saying goodbye to Alex and commented about Alex's "stamps" on his arms--it was pretty cute :). The kids did so well for most of the first session, they did their bingo cards again and were pretty quiet. Shad and Amy came over between sessions and we all had a yummy roast and potatoes and carrots dinner. Then we watched the final session. I was definitely the most tired for that one! We chatted for a bit and then headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment