Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pre Halloween!

We've had a good, fun, and busy week as usual. 

Monday was grocery swap.  We shifted things a little later than usual so I ended up having Ashley's kids here for nap time which made it an easy swap day for me--shopping without kids and then having all the kids asleep here!  She even picked up all the school kids on her way back.  Jack picked from the nursery manual for FHE and taught us about loving others. 

On Monday Ashley brought us here baby size snow white costume for Emily this year.  Candy had to put her new costume on too.  SO CUTE!  And Jack couldn't miss out on the fun.

Tuesday I watched Ashley's little boy in the morning while she had a doctor appointment.  Ali watched Jack and Ashley's little boy for me for a few minutes so I could run to a parent teacher conference with Candy's teacher.  She is doing great as a kindergartener.  She is testing right where she needs to be (or even a little ahead) and is very kind to other kids and well behaved in class.  Her teacher loves her (not that I'm surprised, Candy is a pretty loveable kid!).  Our piano lessons got cancelled because of sick kids at our teacher's house so that made our after school routine easier.  I took dinner to an elderly sister and then after the kids were down I went to book club.  We were discussing Harry Potter 8--so fun!  And my friend who hosted had just been to London and got to see the show live.  It sounded awesome. 

Wednesday we had playgroup at a close by park.  I took Ashley's kids there and we had fun playing until noon when I picked up the school kids for early release.  Then we met up with my visiting teacher (Colette, my friend) and Ashley at a park to play for an hour before naps.  Then back to the school to play while I had Brooke and Megan's conferences.  Both of them are doing well too.  Brooke is the one that has the hardest time with reading, but she is still on grade level!  YES!  And Megan is on grade level too.  Both of them will have tutoring in reading before school on Tuesdays to make sure they stay caught up.  After conferences I watched the younger Tracy kids while Ashley took the Megans to A Days.  Dan went to the temple after work so he was home late but he got to see Sally on his session and had a great experience. 

Thursday was Dan's birthday!  37, wow!  I met up with my VT companion and one of our sisters at the park again so we could let the kids play while we chatted.  It was fun.  And it was ANOTHER early release day.  So we picked up the big girls and came home to get the house cleaned up (or at least some of it!) and start making Dan's bday dinner.  We did homemade cafe rio pork salads which are delicious and a lot of work.  Ali and her family came for dinner and the Tracy's joined us for ice cream after.  I think he had a good birthday overall. 


 My favorite picture from his birthday!

Friday was the kindergarten story book parade--totally adorable. Candy was in heaven marching around.  From there we went home to meet Jack's playschool friends and caravan down to the zoo.  They do a "zoo boo" where the kids can trick or treat and do other halloween activities all over the zoo.  We had a great time.  When I laid Emily down for a nap as we got home I noticed she felt VERY warm.  Like 102.7.  Yikes.  So I gave her some tylenol and a cool bath and laid her down again.  She couldn't sleep though and was just laying there panting and miserable.  I called my doctor and she got us in for a last minute appointment.  Ashley picked up my school kids for me and I had Jack and Emily at the doctor.  She was breathing so fast that we almost got to visit Texas Children's!  But thankfully, after a breathing treatment and some ibuprofen her fever came down and so did her breathing.  She even had a chest x ray to rule out pneuomonia.  She didn't have pneumonia, but her x ray showed gunk in her lungs (very technical terms here) and she also had RSV which is a respiratory virus that is rough for little babies.  So we came home with an inhaler and antibiotics.  We skipped out on date night after that excitement and had a quiet (but long) night with Emily sleeping in our room and being up pretty often through the night coughing. 





Happy kiddos at the Zoo Boo (Jack is sitting on the B)


Sad, miserable, adorable, baby.
Saturday we had a relaxed morning and I made a chocolate cake for Megan's 9th birthday tomorrow.  We did a small party for her this year--just 5 friends were invited to go roller skating with her.  Shad dropped Chloe off a little early and then her other friends came--Alonzo, Kat (another 3rd grader in the ward), and Megan T.  The 5th friend was sick and had to miss.  When they arrived we did cake and ice cream and opened presents.  Then I loaded up Megan and her friends and took them to roller skate for about an hour and a half.  They were all a little timid at first (although Megan has been using Brooke's rollerblades a lot and did great) but had fun and no one was seriously hurt.  A few blisters and sore bums from falling.  I took them to CVS and let them each pick a candy as their party favor and then I dropped them off at their homes.  Chloe was staying to sleepover so after the party we had dinner and got the kids ready for our ward's trunk or treat.  Dan and Emily stayed home to let Emily rest.  I took the other kids and it was a great time. 

Brooke has been losing teeth right and left.  She pulled out her second front tooth at school on Friday.
 

 Our group at the skate rink.  The mom of the girl with the helmet once broke her hip rollerskating so she was really worried about sending her daughter--so she sent her with a helmet.




Chloe (police officer), Megan (Joy from the disney movie Inside out), Brooke (Jasmine), Jack (Lightning McQueen), and Candy (Snow White)

It's been a great Sunday.  We went to Shad's ward so we could be there when Zach was ordained a deacon.  With Shad's kids helping my kids stay busy, I even listened to the speakers and they were great.  They talked about living the gospel in your home and the first speaker talked about how while her family went to church each week, her parents were new to the church and she missed out on many gospel basics.  She bore a really tender testimony of how important primary teachers, young women leaders, and seminary teachers were in her gospel education.  It made me want to be a better primary teacher!  Then after Sunday School we waited in the hallway for Priesthood opening exercises to finish so we could join the deacon's quorum for Zach's ordaining.  Shad, Dad, and Dan were in the circle and a bishopric member and it was a really neat experience!  The first grandson to turn 12.  After church we all went to their house for a yummy dinner and cake to celebrate all the birthdays (Sally, Dan, Zach, Megan, Jack, and Carrie).  Fun times. 

Don't worry.  Despite being super sick, Emily is still a ridiculously cute and mostly happy baby.  She was sad so we gave her a bath this morning.  I think she liked it.

No comments: