We are good here. It's been a fun week.
Monday was
grocery swap and I started cutting out Candy's costume. FHE was by
Candy and we talked about the good samaritan and serving. That is one
of our kids' favorite stories and they all love acting it out. We got
to act it out 4 times with them all taking turns being either the
injured man or the good samaritan!
Cute Halloween babies. They just can't smile at the same time.
Tuesday I gave my friend Ashley a ride to a doctor's
appointment and then Megan had a filling done at the dentist. We had
piano that afternoon and while Dan was going out to dinner with his work
team (their boss was visiting from England) I did more work on Candy's
costume.
Wednesday I started on sewing. I watched my
nephews for a bit in the morning and then we had playgroup at this cute
little pumpkin patch at a church in kingwood. Jack picked out a pumpkin
and loved doing the activities there. After about an hour there it
started to rain so we headed home by way of Costco. We had friends over
to play after school and I spent another evening sewing while Dan was
out to dinner again.
Adorable and chubby 7 month old. I have pictures of Candy walking around in this same outfit at 14 months!
Jack's favorite at the pumpkin patch--the corn pit
Thursday Megan had a project due. It was supposed to be on an
"everyday hero". She picked me! When I noticed that a week ago I told
her at bedtime that I felt so loved that she would pick me--she
immediately rolled her eyes and said, "Mooom! I just picked you because
you're always around so it's easy to think of traits for you!" Well
thanks for that Megan--I'm your default! #bubbleburst #keepingmehumble
Haha,
but she did a good job on her project and hopefully her teacher
agrees. I took Jack and Emily to the zoo Thursday morning. We ran into
a friend there and that was so fun to hang out with them and see the
animals--they were all superactive! It was warm but cloudy and I think
they were all happy for a break from the ridiculous heat of the last
week. A cool front blew in Thursday night. Dan didn't have work
meetings that night, but he did have a church meeting, so I did more
sewing.
Friday Jack had playschool and I had my last tennis
class. The weather was 60s with clear skies, just fabulous. I finished
up Candy's costume and she was so excited. I can't get the pics off my
phone yet, but there will be plenty after next week! Dan came home
from work early since he'd been gone so much during the week so that was
a really fun surprise. We dropped the kids at babysit night and played
tennis for an hour or so. Dan is WAY better than me, but I'm much
better than I was! We had fun there and came home to watch a movie.
Saturday
was my birthday present day! Dan had gotten me tickets to hear Dave
Ramsey speak (he has a financial radio show that I love). It was an all
day conference, kind of like education week at byu--we heard 8 speakers
through the day on lots of topics (marriage, finance, parenting,
retirement planning, being intentional, generosity, etc). Also, we were
right by the Air Show so on breaks we got to watch the planes--the blue
angels were there!
The speakers were great and it was
especially fun to get a whole day with Dan. One thing we both liked was
how almost all of the speakers touched on their faith in Christ as they
spoke--pretty neat to hear them share their faith so naturally as they
spoke about other things. Carrie watched all our kids the WHOLE day and
they all lived to tell the tale.
It was my favorite
sacrament meeting of the year today--the primary program! Megan sang in
a small group number and Brooke and Candy had speaking parts. Megan
sang so confidently, Brooke remembered her part perfectly, and Candy
smiled big! She knew her part, but the leader helping messed up and had
the girl before her say Candy's line and then Candy didn't know what to
do! The songs were great and there were at least 2 kids from the
neighborhood there to see the program. I love hearing all those little
voices singing and speaking and sharing their testimonies. Pretty
cool. We took a walk to visit cousins after dinner today and enjoyed
the lovely weather some more.
Jack got a haircut
this morning before church and we spiked his hair down the middle. I
tried to get a pic before he slept on it at naptime, but he was being so
wiggly! He looked pretty sharp in his blue vest and slacks and blue
glasses and spikey hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment