Friday, December 04, 2009

Two Years Old


Dear Megan--
It doesn't seem possible that you are 2 years old. I can't believe how much you are learning and doing these days. Even though you have recently become an expert at frustrating me, you are also an expert at having me wrapped around your little fingers and I love you more than I ever thought possible. You have really found your voice this year and there are very few quiet moments when you are awake. You love to sing and talk and yell. You are very coordinated and often make me nervous with your climbing and jumping and balancing. You are my little shadow. You love to be doing and seeing whatever I am doing or seeing. Sometimes I get annoyed at how involved you like to be with me! But you sure do make me feel loved.
You "help" me with dinner, laundry, taking care of Brooke, talking on the phone, reading, bed-making, praying, reading scriptures, dishwasher-emptying, cleaning, and even balancing the checkbook.

Even when you take a break from being my shadow, you are always busy. There are always tupperware cupboards or your book box or your play food box or your block bag to be emptied and refilled over and over again.

You love to read books and color and sing songs and play on the piano. You love to care for your dolls (all named Daw-ee, your version of Dolly), bears (all named Bear), and especially your Bunny. You rock them, sing to them, bounce them on your shoulder, feed them bottles, take them for walks, and take them in the car. You love to put on my shoes and stick a doll in the play carseat and head out for adventures. You love playing outside especially on slides and swings or in water. You are potty-trained now and that has been so nice for me.
You especially love your sister. If I don't get you out of your shared room quickly enough in the mornings, you make sure to wake Brooke up so she doesn't miss any fun. You are always checking with me when we are getting ready to go in the car to make sure I don't forget her (you say "Bwoot-en-cah-seat?" over and over again). Daddy and I still can't get giggles out of her, but when you jump around and smile at her, she'll giggle for you.

Some of your favorite things right now include:
color: purple (or at least I assume this is your favorite because you say purple regardless of the actual color of almost anything)
foods: mac-n-cheese, cheesesticks, applesauce, raisins, anything sweet (especially cake or cookies), chips, and ramen noodles
song: Book of Mormon Stories (boot-ah-story)

Some of your least favorite things: wearing clothes (you spend a lot of time naked these days--and now you love to yell "maked-Megan" in case we haven't noticed), going to nursery (you are fine once we drop you off, but the separation is rough), being in time out (unfortunately, you go there often these days but it's only 2 minutes at a time)

Your usual day begins right at 6 am. You still have a cup of warm milk first thing in the morning and we have breakfast around 6:45. You, me, and Brooke watch Good Morning America until about 7:30 when you get to play in the tub while I take a shower and get ready. Then we make my bed and empty the dishwasher and read books and play until lunch time around 11:30. We play again until 1 when you go down for a nap and sleep until 2:30 or 3 (or sometimes you don't sleep at all, but I love it when you do). We often watch Cinderella after your nap while you drink another cup of milk and then we start on dinner. Dad gets home around 5 (you get so excited) and you play with him until dinner at 5:30. After dinner and scripture reading, it's bath time. Then you brush your teeth and we sing a song and you say your prayers and you and Brooke go to bed around 7. Sometimes you cry for a few minutes, sometimes you are so exhausted you don't even move before falling asleep.

You are so fun and love to tease. You love being chased more than almost anything else--which is probably why you are constantly running away. You giggle the whole time you are being chased (and you are FAST!--I have to be so careful in parking lots and stores).

Daddy and I love you so much and are so grateful you are in our family. We can't wait to see what you learn and how you grow over the next year!
Love, Mommy


8 comments:

Jane said...

What a cute little girl! I am so happy she was sent to your little family so that I can enjoy her as well, even if it is long distance. Hard to believe she is already two! I love the dancing!

Michelle said...

She is so big already! What a great post to remember all that she can do at this point. Can't wait to see her soon!

Kate said...

Amber, that is most beautiful. She is a beautiful girl and she is so incredibly blessed to have you for a mother.

Heather said...

I love her dancing. What a good post.

Stephanie said...

Yay for Megan! Happy Birthday! We totally thought of her on Halloween. It's the easiest birthday I know to remember. What a darling little girl!

Scott and Tobi said...

What a darling post. Enjoyed it so much. Love Aunt Tobi

Amberly Evans said...

Aww. Megan is so adorable! It'll be so fun to see her and your whole family this Christmas. I hope she shows off for us :)

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

What a cute idea to write the post as a letter to her. I love all the pictures and can't believe how grown up Megan is already! I hope we get to see you guys when we're in town for Christmas!