In case it never happens again, I thought I'd better record it. Last night by 7:15 pm, both girls were asleep in their now shared room (they've been sharing for 2 weeks). It was an easy bedtime, neither one cried. Dan went to check on them at 8:30 or so and they both slept soundly all night long! No peeps until 6:15 am!!! Wahoo!!! Now some of you may be thinking that 6:15 sounds early, but with these girls, 6:15 is just heavenly. They usually wake up between 5:30 and 6. AND, because Dan isn't at his regular office today, he was going in later than his usual 6:30, so his alarm hadn't even gone off yet. Ahh, the small joys of life. And now I must go--Megan just rode past me on her trike...naked...and has just stopped off in the bathroom where I hear her playing in the sink. But what a fantastic night and morning. I hope this phase lasts for a few days at least :)
Friday, November 06, 2009
Phases
As my sister-in-law Heather says, all things kids go through are phases--even the good ones. So if you're in a good one, enjoy it while it lasts and if you're in a tough one, know that it will pass.
In case it never happens again, I thought I'd better record it. Last night by 7:15 pm, both girls were asleep in their now shared room (they've been sharing for 2 weeks). It was an easy bedtime, neither one cried. Dan went to check on them at 8:30 or so and they both slept soundly all night long! No peeps until 6:15 am!!! Wahoo!!! Now some of you may be thinking that 6:15 sounds early, but with these girls, 6:15 is just heavenly. They usually wake up between 5:30 and 6. AND, because Dan isn't at his regular office today, he was going in later than his usual 6:30, so his alarm hadn't even gone off yet. Ahh, the small joys of life. And now I must go--Megan just rode past me on her trike...naked...and has just stopped off in the bathroom where I hear her playing in the sink. But what a fantastic night and morning. I hope this phase lasts for a few days at least :)



In case it never happens again, I thought I'd better record it. Last night by 7:15 pm, both girls were asleep in their now shared room (they've been sharing for 2 weeks). It was an easy bedtime, neither one cried. Dan went to check on them at 8:30 or so and they both slept soundly all night long! No peeps until 6:15 am!!! Wahoo!!! Now some of you may be thinking that 6:15 sounds early, but with these girls, 6:15 is just heavenly. They usually wake up between 5:30 and 6. AND, because Dan isn't at his regular office today, he was going in later than his usual 6:30, so his alarm hadn't even gone off yet. Ahh, the small joys of life. And now I must go--Megan just rode past me on her trike...naked...and has just stopped off in the bathroom where I hear her playing in the sink. But what a fantastic night and morning. I hope this phase lasts for a few days at least :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
that's funny. I was just going to post about phases myself. I'm glad you had a good night. It sure makes up for the rough ones doesn't it. I love the pictures too.
Oh I hope this phase lasts a long, long time for you!
You guys have a beautiful family. I just read your last three blogs and really enjoyed the pictures and commentary. What cute kids!
Uncle Scott
Yea for the girls but most of all yea for you! I love it when they sleep in. They are just so cute.
Awesome! (Both the sleeping and the riding the tricycle naked)
I'm adult age (though don't feel it, nor act like it most of the time) and I still go through phases. I think they're a part of life. It keeps things interesting to say the least.
I am so glad your little bambinas slept all through the night for you. that is amazing! I can't believe 6:15 was sleeping in. crazy.
hahaha! I'm so proud of Megan for riding her tricycle naked! (oh yeah, and the sleeping-in thing too...) Cute girls! Miss you guys! :-)
Lucky! I don't know if we can still be friends. Sam and Molly are real night owls. They both frequently wake up. Hope your kids continue the trend!
I was just catching up on your blog. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween. I love Megan's princess dress that she wore for Halloween. Cute, cute girls!
Post a Comment