Saturday, June 14, 2008

Come on in!

Welcome to our new place! We are loving having real walls and a little more square footage...not to mention the amazing appliances (wahser+dryer+dishwasher=heaven)!!!
Here are a few pics. But it is MUCH better in person, so you should all come visit.

Yup, this is the right place! Just knock on the door...we might let you in. But not too loud in case Megan is asleep.


Here is our very decorative entryway...it's a family shrine! Yay for family pictures.


On the right is the hallway--look closely and you might see Megan in one of the doorways.


The double doors in the hallway lead to one of my favorite places in the apartment...the laundry nook! I smile every time I start a load and don't lug it up or down three flights of stairs.


And the bathroom. Yes, that is granite. Yes, it is about a million times bigger than the counterspace at Wymount. And even though you can't really tell--that is one BIG tub (behind the shower curtain, not on top of the toilet). It is wonderful!


Our room. The valence is the same but I got new drapes. How do you feel about the brown and the red?


Another view. That is a walk in closet--another aspect we really enjoy.


And one more. Anyone who remembers my parents' room from like 1974 to 2005 will remember those dressers and that mirror. We're glad they live on in our room.


Megan's room! I love love LOVE her drapes. Again, same valence, new drapes. They block ZERO light but they are so cute.


The other half of Megan's room. Poor kid...she used to have the "excess furniture room" and now it's just "the place where we keep the buffet with the china in it and the desk and printer".


Ok, back down the hall. This is the living/dining room. I initially had mixed feelings about the coffee table but it's grown on me. I like it now.


Yay the piano! And the little look-through to the kitchen. I really love that feature.


And the kitchen. Small. But still so much better than Wymount! I really like the granite in here too.


Well...thanks for coming! Don't let the door hitcha on the way out.


Wow this is a long post...just wait til we move into a house. Maybe then we won't post any pictures and you will all really have to come visit.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Looking good and seeing as I have already been there, I can confirm that it is in fact much larger than Wymount, it is not just the camera :-) I have to admit though the tour does take a bit longer but it is well worth it!!!

Kelli said...

I dont think it was too long at all, Loved the tour. Thanks

Heather said...

Yay! I got to see your apartment! I don't like the brown drapes with the red by the way. Not because it doesn't look good, because I have a red comforter with brown drapes! Geeze! I know you like me, but could you not copy EVERYTHING I do? I guess it is okay for now though. just don't copy my red accent wall in my front room like everyone else did. :)

Michelle said...

Great apartment! I love the granite countertops. How nice! I'm so happy that you have space to move around in.

Glen & Kat said...

I love the curtains and think the brown and red look great together. Also, free furniture is the best kind :)