Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Limbo Limbo

We're finally feeling like we're back to some semblance of real life after a few weeks of limbo. Our stuff made it to Houston just fine, we spent 4 days unpacking (but not really getting settled since we would come to our apartment during the day but meals and nights were spent at my parents' house), and then headed off on our cruise with Dan's family. I must say I didn't love going on vacation in the middle of moving. I was pretty stressed before leaving, trying to make sure we had everything packed for vacation and I hated leaving our new apartment in such a mess! I've really enjoyed attacking pile after pile and finding homes for everything now that we're back. I've even gone grocery shopping (it's amazing how having food in the fridge makes everything seem better :). Here's some pictures of the mess that was our apartment. Follow up pictures will be posted eventually.

The Main Living Area--observe the lack of cinderblock and the high ceilings. and the boxes...they are a lovely touch


Megan's room


The master bedroom

3 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck tackling that one! We miss you already.

Michael and Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Yeah for no cinderblock! I hope we'll be able to come visit and see your new place soon. We had such a great time with you last week. Good luck with the unpacking!