Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Even newer new addition...

Dan and I enjoyed about 5 months without a car payment and planned to wait until 2012 to make the jump to the minivan...but after a mere 2 weeks of cramming all three kids into the back of the malibu (and yelling at the big girls to quit taking the binky/blanket/socks), we found ourselves seriously shopping! 
So again, my sweet little brother Tyler spent the night while Dan and I signed a million papers with our 2 week old in tow on July 25.  And then because the car salesman is crazy (and forgot that you have a grace period to add a new car to your insurance policy), we came home one last time in the Malibu (argh).  But on July 26, after a timely fax from our insurance agent, we picked up our beautiful 2009 Honda Odyssey!  Sigh of joy.  It was so fun to stick all the kids in and know that no one could touch anybody else.  And then hit a button and watch the doors close.   I heart my van.


Farewell 1999 Chevy Malibu, farewell.  You were my parents' first new car.  I learned to drive in your driver's seat with my Mom sitting next to me.  You were witness to my fender bender on the freeway when I was 17.  You survived several trips across the country (including one where someone...my sister Carrie...put on snow chains that wore some grooves around the tires).  You were the first car I had to myself my junior year of college.  And the car my parents gave to Dan and I when we got married.  It's been a good ride!  But I admit I'm looking forward to windows that actually go up and down, AM radio, and defrost.  Just sayin'.

The new ride!  Let's go! (July 26)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

While I'm very happy that you're happy, I sure wish you would have gotten a white one. Then Dan and Greg could be twins and you and I could be twins. It would have been cute, that's all I'm sayin...
But isn't the minivan life a good one?