After our few days in Riverton with Maren and girl's day in Bountiful, we continued our tour of Utah by heading to Dan's sister Ali's in Logan after girl's day. Amberly (another sister) and her kids came over for some BBQ and Megan had a blast playing with Ali's kids.
Brooke...
Alonzo and Megan (cuties)...
Unfortunately, they were fighting pink eye and then Alonzo's tummy started acting up, so we spent the night April 26 but instead of spending the day with Ali on April 27, we headed out early to our next stop--Layton!
Dan's sister Michelle and her 4 kids were such fun hosts. I was a pretty boring guest (I napped and did laundry), but we had fun walking to pick up the big kids from school (it was actually nice outside!), making cookies and dinner, and letting the kids play in the backyard.
Megan and Isaac singing their hearts out (we're never getting these by the way, Megan sings plenty loud without amplification!)...
Cookie face Brookie...
Isaac, Will, Savannah, and Megan enjoying the outside...
Brooke was eating too much dirt to stay outside, so instead she hung out with the baby doll in the doll size pack-n-play...
We left after dinner to stay the night in Bountiful and had a great morning with Grandma and Papa on April 28. I took the rental car to the airport around noon and Heather picked us up for our next tour stop--Tooele! (*dropping off the rental car was an adventure--I had to drag my 2 crying kids, 2 carseats, and a big duffel from the parking area to the pickup zone. Longest 50 yards of my life. I dropped our carseats just inside the doors and my kids sat crying in the rental car terminal while I dragged those over, had the rental car guy go search the parking area for Brooke's shoe that got lost on the way in, and watched Heather drive by us!)
Heather saw us on her second pass and we had a fun lunch at the Carl's Jr. in Tooele. Heather spent the rest of the day preparing to make and decorate this ridiculously AMAZING cake while I tried to keep the kids out of her hair. We stayed up late watching/laughing at a movie and talking.
Don't they look innocent...(don't believe it--they're not! but they're stinking cute)
Tub time with cousins!
All snuggled up, ready for bed...
April 29 once again brought snow, so while Heather continued to build her cake, I took the kids to the library to play. We had fun chatting while she worked during naptime. We had pizza for dinner and got everybody ready for a wedding reception. Dan's cousin James got married April 23 in Arizona and his Utah reception was that night. It was fun to see James's family (probably only about the second time I'd met them) and spend time with Dan's siblings and their kids. They had a blast breaking in the dance floor and watching the bride and groom dance (Megan and Brooke loved seeing the "beautiful princess" that got married in the temple).
Jake and Megan ready for some snow...
Jake trying to show Megan the ropes (she was done with the snow after about 3 minutes outside)...
Brooke enjoyed the snow much more once she realized it was edible (sigh, my poor pica child)...
Lily and Savannah, Megan and Brooke (yes, they are adorable)...
James and Corina, the happy couple (they took dance lessons and were quite good!)...
The end of the day was the best--we went back to Dan's parents' house and played games until it was time to go get Dan just before midnight! Wahoo! I was so excited to see him after our week apart. I was also excited to spend the rest of our trip in just one location :). But I really did enjoy our tour while it lasted. It was great to spend some quality time with Dan's sisters and their families.















No comments:
Post a Comment