Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Buddies and Bluebonnets

After preschool on April 6, my friend Ashley and I decided we better try to get some bluebonnet pictures of our kids before the end of bluebonnet season.  Bluebonnets are the Texas state flower and they are almost exclusively found on the sides of roads or in fields or on hillsides growing as wildflowers.  They start showing up around mid-March and I love seeing them. 
Ashley heard about this place not too far away where they grew alongside some walking trails that surround a drainage area.  I'm glad we tried it--it was close and so fun!
Of course, going after Megan's preschool meant that Brooke was starving and then tired...so she was thrilled to take pictures (as you'll notice).  We took some shots (keeping our eyes peeled for ants), had a picnic, and walked a little.  It was a beautiful day!  We are so happy we have Ashley and her 3 girls to play with.  My girls can't get enough of them and Ashley is usually game for the same things I'm interested in.  It's a good thing I'm having another girl--she'll fit right in!

The five girls... (7 months, 27 months, 21 months-Brooke,  3 yr 9 mo, 3 yr 5 mo-Megan)


"Ok, let's get just my girls in a picture!" "Brooke?"  There was no coaxing her back.  She knew the food was in the stroller and she was going to get it.

Megan was a little more cooperative.  Love those dimples.

After some nourishment, the 4 big girls ran and ran.

Me and my sweethearts

Pretty flowers...

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love Texas bluebonnets!! Hooray for spring and seeing the wildflowers start to bloom.

Beehett Trang said...

I love Brooke's faces in these. Awesome. And your Megan did so great!