My dad's mom that we all call Baba spent a few weeks in Houston (Feb. 26 to Mar. 22). She was able to overlap with Jamie's family's visit, the birth of my new niece Molly, AND going on spring break with my parents and brother.
I love to spend time with Baba--she has so much wisdom and love to share. I love to watch her with her great-grandbabies--she really helps each of them feel special. She also is the only 80-plus year old I know that owns and uses an i-Pad--she's amazing.
4 Generations on March 19, 2011
While we're on multi-generational bonding, let me tell you something about my dad. He is a man of many interests. Some of which I am still just learning about. Like this--while on vacation in Branson, MO and Nauvoo, IL for spring break, he purchased the hammered dulcimer that he's "always wanted". Who knew?
The grandkids are big fans :)
On March 21, 2011, my Mom treated me, Baba, my sis-in-law Amy and Amy's mom Bette (in town for the baby) to lunch at this really fun restaurant. We had such a nice time being together and enjoying a yummy lunch. Thanks to Mom's neighbor Rishelle, we got to go without the little ones (ok, Molly came--2 week olds are still pretty easy at restaurants). The restaurant is tucked back in this area of town that I'd never guess it would be in. It has beautiful gardens filled with azalea bushes and we hit it at the height of the azalea bloom. There are live peacocks walking around (they kind of freaked me out), little trails and gazebos--it was beautiful!
Our group...
This peacock was blocking our path. They make this weird crowing sound and have huge claws--I avoided eye contact when I had to go by.
4 comments:
What restaurant is that? The gardens are so beautiful! LOL, I also love your irrational fear of peacocks. It makes me happy! :-) So glad you got to spend some time with Baba! She's awesome!
You took some gorgeous pictures. I would love to meet Baba!
what are you talking about? you so at ease snuggling close to that large loud bird.
LOL about the instrument! My Grandma said the same thing at Christmas time! So funny. We were all like "How come you never, ever mentioned this?"
Post a Comment