Megan has the cutest goodnight routine right now. After she says prayers, she turns to either Dan or I and says "I need kiss" and kisses you on the lips or lets you kiss her forehead. That's followed by "I need esk-mos" (eskimo kisses). After the esk-mos, she says "I need buh-flies" (butterfly kisses)--which she needs from EACH eye. Then she wraps her skinny little arms around your neck and gives the sweetest hug and says "Thank you Mommy" or "Thank you Daddy" and proceeds to do the same with the other parent. It just melts me--no matter how long the day has been.
This made my heart melt too--this pic is from when we checked on the kids on Dec. 22. I was a little surprised to see Megan's bed empty! Apparently Megan was nervous way over on the other side of the room and needed some reassurance from her sis to fall asleep. Amazingly, they really do fall asleep together. We've found them snuggling in the crib a few times since then. Poor Brooke--good thing she can sleep through just about anything!

3 comments:
I love the picture. At least neither of them have a foot in their face! :)
Soo darling. You'll be so glad you wrote that one down!
oh my tender! What a cute little night time routine. And the fact that they cuddled up together in the crib is awesome. I think i forgot that they shared a room. How does that go? Do they keep each other up when they are supposed to be falling asleep? And nap time? how's that? I am going to have to learn up soon, because the boys will be sharing sometime in the next...oh, 6 months.
Post a Comment