Sunday, October 03, 2010

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference.  I love the relaxed mornings and the beautiful music and the inspiring words.  I always feel lifted and re-dedicated to doing what it takes to be closer to my Father in Heaven.  I'm looking forward to reading the messages again now that the November Ensign (finally!) arrived.

On Sunday morning, right at 11 am when conference was starting, both of our children fell asleep.  In fact, they slept for the entirety of the morning session and we had to wake them up to take them down to my parents' for dinner.  This miracle made us realize a few things.   First of all:  Heavenly Father must have really wanted us to hear one of those messages that morning! And second:  No wonder church is such a battle each week--our ward meets at 11 am!

Megan during the opening hymn (we carried her upstairs after we documented that she did in fact fall asleep with her bunny in her mouth--how did that not bug her?)

No comments: