Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Week


I can't believe Brooke is already a week old. And yet it already seems hard to remember what life was like without her! Here are some pictures from this week from our camera. When I eventually get the ones off my parents' camera, I'll put up a slide show or something.


Megan's excitement over this new baby in the house has continued--she still gets pretty excited when she comes downstairs in the morning and baby Brooke is still here. Megan is learning to be soft and gives the sweetest hugs and kisses to her sister. She is always trying to help take care of her and loves to point out Brooke's features (nose, ears, eyes, etc.).


Brooke is a fantastic baby so far. Other than a rough first night home, she's been a good eater and even better sleeper. The past 4 nights she's been eating at 10 pm and not again til 3 am and then not again til 7:30 am or so. Getting up once a night is totally do-able and I am appreciative!





We had a really enjoyable first week as a family of four. Dan got to take the whole week off and I was so spoiled! My mom came over last Wednesday (our first day home) after keeping Megan one more night so we could have our first night home with just Brooke. Mom made us lunch, dinner, cookies, and let us both get naps! Our ward brought dinners the other nights of the week and Dan was wonderful to get up every day with Megan and let me sleep in--it was nice.



I enjoyed my quiet Sunday morning while Dan and Megan were at church. My Houston family came for dinner on Sunday (except my Dad). My sister-in-law Amy brought the yummy food and it was fun to have visitors.


Yesterday, Dan worked from home so I had one more day of extra hands around. It was nice to be able to go to the grocery store one more time with just one kid (I left Brooke napping with Dan).



Today was my first day all alone with two kids! It went pretty well. Megan didn't nap but that's usual :). Other than going through pool withdrawal, I'm feeling great and was able to get a nap in. We still have meals coming in and it is so nice to not worry about making dinner. We'll see how things go next week when reality really sets in!

8 comments:

Anne Gessel said...

Congratulations!!! Brooke looks like Megan. Such beautiful girls!

Asherbie said...

Way to go! Just make sure to have a little celebration at the end of the day... I had one after our first grocery run!

Amy and Spencer said...

Amber, she is adorable! You seem to be doing well. Good luck with everything!

Michelle said...

You are just jumping right in to having two around and it sounds like it is going awesome! What newborn only gets up once a night?! That is amazing. I hope it keeps up for you. Good luck!

Michelle said...

Oh, and Yay for more pictures!

Katie said...

Way to get thru the first week! Such cute girls!

Maren said...

A. you are so tan
2. She is soooo cute! I love her is little real clothes!
D. I LOVE the first black and white photo of you two holding her in the hospital.
PS What a good girl, sleepin at night. I am glad the beginning of being a mother of two is going good. It is nice when they sleep all the time. except when they don't. :)

Krista Hansen said...

Congrats!!!!!! Brooke is beautiful and I think she looks just like your hospital picture with Dan's hair. Whatever the combo, it works for her. We are learning how to be a family of 4 too. What an adventure!