Megan is now 18 months old! We can't believe it. She's been going to nursery with us since Dan and I were put in as nursery workers in March, but now she's all official!
*This a cute dress made by Granny because I wanted to make Megan a purse and once we got started, we just couldn't stop. So Megan has a dress and purse and there are matching dresses for cousins Hailey and Chloe and for our new baby!
We love watching her interact with other kids her age and figure out social rules. She's definitely learned to defend herself (and the toys she's playing with) but isn't too aggressive. She has learned only to bully kids that are smaller than her (like her cousin Chloe).
Her climbing skills (and her falls) are becoming more spectacular. Her new favorite thing is climbing in and out of the big tub in our bathroom while I'm in the shower. She fell off the other day and I thought she'd want some comfort hugs, but NOOO--all she wanted was for me to help her get back up there to climb in again!
She had her 18 month checkup and ENT consult back on May 5.
She weighed 22 lbs, 3 oz (20th percentile) and was 32 inches tall (60th percentile). She is growing great and learning new words every day. She's got close to 50 words now and when she is in the right mood, she'll attempt to repeat anything you say! Our favorite thing to see is how good she's gotten at folding her arms and saying "Amen!". It's too cute. We're transitioning to one nap (Megan would like to transition to NO naps, but I'm not on board with that).
She's picked up a few naughty skills as well (jumping on the kitchen table, hitting, running off down the street when she gets the chance, etc) so we have more timeouts than we'd like. We've learned that when she is repeating a naughty skill over and over again, it's because she just wants more attention. So we're working on giving her attention BEFORE she turns to naughtiness!
She keeps us endlessly entertained and we feel so blessed to have such a happy, beautiful baby!
8 comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe that she is already 18 months! The time is just going by so fast. Your belly is cute too. Are you the same number of weeks in both pictures with Megan and then the new baby?
Yes, the belly shots are the same # of weeks.
Wow 18 months have gone by so fast! I remember the day she was born and coming up to the hospital to see you guys. Time flies. She looks so grown up and is such a cute girl! (Good work, by the way. Hope you're just as lucky with the next one!) :-)
So cute. She is such a good kid, Amber. You should be proud!
I LOVE how Megan kicks!
Megan sure is cute. I love her showing us how she can kick in the pool. 18 months has gone by quickly, but I can't imagine life without Megan. We love you Megan!
Grandma Aird
Didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! Wow for 50 words. David probably knows 15 and I don't think he'll add many more in the next month.
18 months is such a sweet age. Full of life and curiosity! Cute pictures of Megan in the pool. What a darling polka dot dress. Transitioning to one nap can be difficult--way to go Megan and Mom! Cute pictures of you, that sweet new baby will be here soon! How exciting.
Post a Comment