Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a quiet Easter morning (as quiet as every Sunday is trying to get out the door by 7:55 for church). We had an Easter Egg dye kit...but didn't actually dye eggs. Maybe next year when Megan actually cares :). She did get a basket and a new bunny.
Dan and I are in the younger nursery at church (a class for kids from 18 months to about 2 years) and we taught the lesson. We thought it would be fun to bring some empty plastic eggs and let the kids "find" them and play with them. Well--the kids were really excited for about 2 minutes until they shook all the eggs and realized there was nothing in them--and at that point, they ignored them!
After church, we went to my parents' house for some yummy ham dinner and a few Easter egg hunts. My brother and his wife and kids were there and they and some neighbors participated in the hunt. Megan had a good time running around the yard and I was glad I had her in a onesie and not her dress since she found some good mud and puddles to play in. She did decide that mud doesn't taste as good as jelly beans (and she ate more of those than she should have).
The adults had some fun egg toss action after the hunt ended. Dan and my brothers and Dad even tried the toss with raw eggs (eww).
It was a really nice Easter and we are glad we could spend it with family. It was my first Easter with my parents in 7 years!
We are grateful for the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and for the hope that it gives us. We hope you each enjoyed your Easter!

After church...


Splish, splash!





Sorry my voice sounds terrible...I've been fighting a cold!

5 comments:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Megan is getting so big! What a cutie!! Hahaha, I absolutely love the video of her "showing Mom how she can splash!" Thanks for the updates.
p.s. I can totally tell that she has hair now! :-)

Maren said...

ok, so many comments here.
A. It is amazing how much that font at the top reminds me of you. Why is that? Have you used this before? or has it always been in that font.
2. There are so many post i might just have 'post'-traumatic stress disorder. (I know, that was lame and yet, how could I resist)
D. Yea for the happy Easter post, Megan looks so cute splashing and finding eggs. hilarious about the nursery kids and the empty eggs. Nice that you have a calling together.Brilliant idea about the egg toss. I will be instituting this activity next year. I am imagining a Wilcox throw down. Or maybe i just like the words 'throw down'. Either way. sweet posts.

Z. Where are the Nathan and Stephanie pictures?

13. This is for the NY trip posts. 'It looks great!' there you go.

Michelle said...

Happy Easter! We were glad you were able to join in on the Deal or No Deal part of our Aird Easter party at least. Megan is getting so big! I can't believe she is sitting on that big old tire swing all by her little self! Miss you. . .

Glen & Kat said...

First of all, I love Megan's 'splashing'. Secondly, I think she looks absolutely adorable in her apron from like 2 posts ago. I'm amazed she keeps it on. I've tried to put one on Kaden before and he either pulls it off or fights enough so that I give up. Maybe he already thinks aprons are just for girls. At any rate, your girl is a cutie! And I'm glad you got to spend Easter with your fam.

Ali said...

I love your new picture on your blog. That is cute of the "4" of you. Although you don't look pregnant. I bet it was fun being home for those "smaller" holidays. We miss Dan, though. Megan is cute splashing in the water and licking her fingers. Yum.