Monday, July 21, 2008

Play Time

We're still enjoying the summer (despite the HEAT). There's this place near us called Miller Outdoor Theater that stages free shows all summer long. Last week, the show was called "When You Wish" and was a montage of Disney songs. It was put on by TUTS (theater under the stars) the same place that does a lot of Broadway shows, so the singing and dancing were great. And it was fun to hear so many songs that we knew so well! It started at sunset and actually was quite pleasant outside. We set up a blanket on the hill facing the stage and had a good time. Megan had so much fun watching all the people around us and listening to the music that she didn't fall asleep until 9:30! Her usual bedtime is 7:30 or 8.
Anyway. Other than that, we've been swimming, testing out the ice cream maker Dan got for Father's day, swimming, playing with friends, swimming, and trying to get out and see some local sights when we can.

Kaden (the son of my friend Kat) playing after we went swimming! Yay, he can walk!


Megan tries hard to keep up.


He may be able to walk, but she's going to take that toy from him (how do they learn grabbing this early?!?)


Ah haha! Megan wins!


Megan playing on the air mattress with Uncle Tyler--the video doesn't do it justice, she was giggling for like a full 20 minutes before it.


5 comments:

Candy H said...

Looks like you had to stop that camera and save the baby. She is so darling.

Maren said...

That looks like so much fun! Megan obviously loved it and I will just pretend the video was 20 minutes of laughing.

Glen & Kat said...

Looks (& sounds) like Megan had a blast. I'm guessing Tyler had just as much fun as she did. P.S. those pics of Kaden & Megan are super-cute (I'm copying them); Megan can definitely hold her own.

Caroline said...

Hi Amber!

Yes, we are surviving our busy summer! Barely! How is Houston? We miss you guys! I can't believe how big Megan is. She really is a good mix of you and Dan. I always used to think she looked much more like you, but now I'm seeing some Dan come out in her. I hope you are loving having so much family around. We miss you guys!

Heather said...

Did she fall off at the end there? Why don't you have Dan jump on the air mattress and see how high she can really fly! Now THAT'S a video I would love to see. (just make sure someone is there with a little baseball glove to catch her)