Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Heights

Megan is now declaring her independence in a new way...she is cruising! She will pull herself up, and carefully take little wobbly side steps around the coffee table/piano bench/kitchen chairs/whatever else she can find. It's fun to watch her discover new things, but I'm looking forward to when she is a little more stable...she tries to smack her head on corners too much for the moment. However, she's avoided any major bruises thus far.
She continues to grow...weighing in at 16 lbs, 11 oz and 26.25 inches long as of yesterday at her 9 month appointment. Even though she is on the small side for her age, we can't believe how big our little girl is getting.

Here's a little taste. Sorry for the shaky camera-work :)


What a happy messy face...she loves to feed herself

5 comments:

Jake & Barbara said...

Hi Amber,
I love how she uses her spoons. I'm working on that with jared. I love all the pics. She is turning into quite the lady. She is darling. You should be proud parents.

Glen & Kat said...

Holy cow, I can't believe it! What talent :)

Ali said...

Wow! I'm surprised she can move that well already. She will be walking in no time. I'm pretty sure Alonzo at 3 months was the closest in size they will ever be. He is 20 pounds and 27.5 inches tall. She's a cutie.

Michelle said...

It's so fun when they start sitting/crawling/walking. Just be glad she's going at a normal pace. Will was walking at 8 1/2 months and that was a nightmare! She is so cute, we can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

SA said...

She is a doll! I thought that Syd was bad at 20 lbs at 6 months but I guess that Alonso has her beat! It is so crazy how fast they grow!