Hi there Starsi Hanisz!
It's been a great week
here. I am so excited to hear about your weekend with the creation of
the stake and hearing from Pres. Uchtdorf, etc. I can't wait for your
email tomorrow!
Monday--your birthday! Happy 19th old
man! We grocery swapped, did swim team, and had FHE. Dan was on the
lesson and we did it around the dinner table again. He taught about sin
and repentance. Megan was pretty funny when we talked about how taking
things that aren't yours without asking is stealing--since Dan had
caught her that very morning at about 5:55 am eating marshmallows in the
powder bathroom by the kitchen. It was a fun lesson and I think the
kids learned something.
Tuesday Candy had joy school
and I took Emily to the doctor for her 2 month checkup. She is doing so
great Ty--she's put on the most weight in those 2 months of any of my
babies. She weighed in at 13 lbs, 9 oz. Little chubber. And she's
healthy as can be and doing all the things she should be (cooing,
smiling, making eye contact, holding up her head, etc). She got her
first round of immunizations (3 shots and 1 oral) and was WIPED out.
She slept almost the whole day. I ran to Joann's for some blessing
dress fabric before we had to get Candy from joy school. Instead of
swim practice that day it was team pictures. And I stayed up that night
cutting out Emily's dress.
Thursday
I got to take profile pics of the joy school kids for their "all about
me" books. Here is Candy :). I had a doctor's appointment that morning
and my mother in law watched Jack and Emily for me. Emily is doing
great at taking bottles when I need her to and it's so nice! That
afternoon was a little crazy getting ready for Ali's baby shower that
night at Ashley's house. I made homemade lemonade (chick fil a's
recipe) with different berries to mix in. The other ladies made
desserts and it was a fun time chatting and celebrating baby Joseph. I
was glad we could do it with Jane here too.
Friday
we went to "super kids day" at the school (field day). Megan and
Alonzo were partners and they were pretty cute running around to get all
25 activities checked off in the 2 hours. Brooke and her buddy Rania
were not quite as dedicated. But Brooke was dedicated to standing in
line for 20 minutes for a snow cone. I told my girls I'd check them out
early but they both wanted to stay and play games and watch movies with
their classes at school. So I took my little 3 to the pool and met
Jane and my nephew Luke there to have a picnic and swim for a while.
Jack was pretty timid about doing swims with me. Luke was really
excited to swim with me in theory--not so much when I made him put his
face in! He'll get it though. After swimming and naps and school
pickup, I dropped Candy and Brooke at swim team and did a quick stroke
clinic with a friend's kid. It was fun. Then more swim team and then
we dropped our kids off for date night. We went to dinner with Dan's
parents at a yummy BBQ place and took some frozen custard back to eat
with Ali and Ben while we hung out for a bit.
Saturday
was an early morning, leaving for our swim meet in Kingwood just after
6:20. The kids did great, especially Megan who shaved 5 seconds off her
freestyle time and came in second place overall--5 points for the
team! Brooke was 5th overall for her freestyle--2 points! And Brooke's
relay won too. Candy completed her events and even cut 20 seconds off
her freestyle time. She is hilarious to watch. She jumps in smiling,
swims about 1/4 of the way and spends the rest of the time doing 5 feet,
grabbing the rope and smiling at us while we yell at her to keep
going! It was HOT. But fun. We finished at 12:30, headed home to drop
Brooke at a birthday party and grab some stuff at the store. It was
Dan and I's 11th anniversary! It was so fun to spend the day with our
little family.
Jack was so hot he crawled into the stroller and slept for an hour.
That's Emily chillin' on the pink chair and trying not to melt.
Post bath dinner. I love these people.
Today
was a great day! Dad, Sally, Carrie, Shad, Zach, Molly, and Ellie
along with Dan's parents and Ben and the kids were all at church for
Emily's blessing. The plan had been to bless Ali's baby today too, but
Ali was sick all day yesterday and felt terrible today so they postponed
Joseph's blessing and Ali went to an instacare place instead. Dan did
a great job on the blessing and we felt so loved with our family that
could come!
She's a sweetheart.
No comments:
Post a Comment