Here is Grandma Jane with the two babies after FHE
Tuesday
was quiet. Candy had thrown up in the middle of the night so we all
stayed home all day. (*Of course Candy had to wake us up--because this
was Emily's best night of sleep yet, sleeping from 7:30 pm to 8 am.
Also Candy had turned on the alarm clock in Emily's room so that woke us
at 3:45 am too.) But it was fun to read lots of books, watch more
shows than usual, and Jack and I played trains. We said a quick goodbye
to Dan's parents before they left for the airport. Candy was better
quick and no one else got sick.
Wednesday we had
playgroup at our neighborhood's little pool, so I went with my younger
3. It was early release that day, so we ran and picked up the girls at
noon and let them change and came back to the pool for a while. They
all had a good quiet time that afternoon!
Thursday
morning I got up early and met a friend to swim laps at the little pool
at 5:30 am! It was a little cool getting in, but we warmed up quick.
We swam 850 in about 30 minutes...we are slow! But it was really fun.
Candy had joy school and then some good thunderstorms rolled in just
before lunch. So we had a quiet afternoon, even swim team was
cancelled. We had cousins over to play just dance. One of the best
things on Thursday was an email from Brooke's teacher that said that
Brooke had just tested at the appropriate level for the end of first
grade--she started the school year way behind her grade and has worked
hard, going to tutoring before school twice a week and practicing
lots--and it paid off! She's right where she should be. Wahoo!
Jack and Emily hanging out on Thursday. Emily is getting better at the bumbo chair.
Ha! funny face :)
The
kids were dancing before cousins arrived--but when Megan saw the camera
she planted herself on the couch until it disappeared!
Friday
morning I taught a swim lesson to these 3 year old twins in my ward, a
boy and a girl. Our small neighborhood pool has a hot tub that is maybe
12 feet by 12 feet and this year they are heating it a little to maybe
90 degrees. So I did the lesson in there since the pool itself was cold
from the rain. They did pretty good. When we got home from that,
Ashley called and offered to take Jack and Candy to the zoo for a
while. I couldn't join them because my visiting teachers were coming.
So I sent them off and did a photoshoot of Emily in her blessing dress
before she grows too much more! And she's adorable, what can I say.
Then my VT came and we had a good discussion about our favorite
conference talks. After they left I got the house picked up and Jack
and Candy got home just before it was time to pick up the big girls.
After swim team we took the kids to babysit night and Dan and I grabbed
Chick Fil A and headed to the temple. The high council and stake
presidency were all there, some doing baptisms, some in the session with
us. It was the first time we'd been to the temple since Emily was born
and it was just so peaceful to be there. We got to be the witness
couple which I like because it helps me pay attention more closely. And
there was what seemed to be a couple in their 50s that were taking out
their own endowments. That's not something I've seen too much, usually
I've seen young missionaries or engaged people doing their own. So that
was fun.
Saturday
was a home swim meet, that's where we were when I got your email and
sent you those two pics back. I went early for check in and warmup and
Dan dropped off Jack and Emily at 9 when he had to head to the church to
help coordinate the child of record baptisms. Megan is a speedy
freestyle swimmer. She is in the top few of her age group and as a
result she was in both a medley relay at the beginning and a free relay
at the end (they won the free relay!) and even dropped 2 seconds from
her 50 free and 1 second from her 25 free. She swam breastroke too and
for the first time didn't get dq'd.
Brooke swam the free
relay along with her usual 25 free and back. She's speedy too and in
the top 4 in free. She dropped time and her relay won. It's fun to see
them do well!
Candy is pretty hilarious at the meets.
She jumps off the block smiling and proceeds to limp along down the
lane, stopping WAY too much to hang on the rope and wave at us. She
managed to drop about 20 seconds on free but had a hard time in back.
Like she got halfway down and started going in circles for literally 3
minutes and finally (FINALLY!) made it to the finish in 4 minutes and 26
seconds (dq'd too, but that's beside the point). Whew, we were all
exhausted, but she was still smiling at the end!
It made
for a fun and tiring morning and we just vegged out in the afternoon.
Brooke went to a birthday party. We cleaned up and put the kids down
early.
It's
been a nice Sunday. Dan had early meetings but I managed to get us all
to church on time. And the kids were pretty good during Sacrament
meeting. We sat by cousins today so that helped some. My class was
about the anti-nephi-lehies and making and keeping covenants. It went
really well. The suggested attention activity was to imagine writing
the word "promise" in sand and what would happen if wind blew over
it--it would fade away. As opposed to carving it into rock--lots of
wind can blow and the promise would stay there. So how when we covenant
with Heavenly Father we want to be carving our promises into rock and
keeping them. We had dinner and played some Uno before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment