Sunday, April 03, 2016

Conference Week

It's been a good and busy week like always.  Monday we had grocery swap like usual.  Jack's buddy Mallory kept telling me that she could smell soap.  I thought it was because she had washed her hands.  Turns out she had bitten off a piece of bar soap and shoved it up her nose--Ashley found it later when Mallory started crying that her nose hurt.  Crazy kids!  We had a really great FHE that night.  Dan taught the lesson about the plan of salvation.  He drew it all out on the whiteboard and we talked about it and then he erased it and had the kids each draw it out again.  It was a lot of fun to see them understanding things better and it was great being right after Easter to be able to testify to them that only because of Jesus and his Atonement and Resurrection does the plan work. 
Jack and Emily on Monday.  He likes to snuggle her.

Sleepy girl Monday afternoon.

Emily tried her first bottle with Dan on Monday just before dinner.  It was a success!  She downed it with no problems.

Tuesday Candy had joy school.  I spent the morning doing laundry and picking up the house really well to prepare for a cleaning lady to come in the afternoon (a present from Dad&Sally and Jamie).  I put the kids down for naps and then the cleaning crew arrived.  3 ladies worked for 4 1/2 hours!  They cleaned the house from top to bottom and it was the BEST gift for a busy mom with a new baby.  I loved having everything clean all at once.  Since they were working through dinner time, we took the kids to chick fil a--which the kids thought was awesome. 
Emily looked ridiculously adorable on Tuesday.  The outfit is pink camo print with tutu and giant bow on the front.  Love her.

Wednesday was rainy.  I planned playgroup for the mall playplace, and it was just me, Candy, Jack, and Emily.  A little less fun than when lots of friends are around, but the kids had a good time anyway.  Just as we were heading to eat lunch, Ashley called and invited us over to play since they had been busy during playgroup.  So we went over to their house and hung out for a while.  Another friend came too and we had fun chatting and eating lunch together. 

Emily practiced her tummy time on Wednesday on the couch. 

 
Megan helping with Emily's 2nd bottle on Wednesday.

Thursday was joy school for Candy.  I spent the morning cleaning out our master closet.  Since the rest of the house was clean and I was caught up on laundry, I figured I better do some organizing!  I took a whole trunkload to good will.  It feels great to have things cleaned out and neat again (I'm still working through Dan's side of the closet, but it's a great start).  Ali and her kids came for a quick playdate after school.  Megan had soccer that night.  Emily and I hung out at the field while she played. 

Candy sure loves her baby sister.  She asks to hold her all the time and is so gentle.  This was after joy school on March 31.  Candy changed clothes so she and Emily could wear their matching pants at the same time.  cuties.


Jack loves to hold her too.  For 10 seconds at a time.

Friday was an open day for us.  I ran an errand in the morning and I called a new sister in the ward and invited her over for a lunch playdate.  She has a daughter that's Candy's age and a son just older than Jack and a baby girl 2 weeks older than Emily.  The mom was busy, but the older two kids came to play.  The kids were glad to have friends.  Jack was a little stinker though, he really was rough with the little boy and kept being mean.  He's still adjusting to life with a new baby in the house and has been spending more time in time out.  Hopefully he'll even out again soon and be nicer to friends!  It was date night so we dropped off the 4 big kids and took Emily with us as we grabbed dinner at Chuy's and walked around Costco (a new one just opened up near us).  We came home and watched the last Hunger Games movie before we picked up the other kids.
Emily on Friday...


Happy kids before date night--it was amazing weather all weekend. 

Saturday was full. Dan and his helper Jack put down fertilizer and weed killer and ant killer.  Megan had a soccer game at 11 am so we missed the first half of that session of conference. She played well and had fun.  They tied 2-2.  We dropped her off for a roller skating birthday party and came home for quiet time.  then picked her up at 3 and watched the next conference session.  The kids were pretty wired, so they mostly stayed in the backyard.  Dan and I enjoyed it though.  I really liked the talk that touched on avoiding pride and about how life isn't fair but all will work out in the end.  Then we had dinner and Dan headed to priesthood session. 

It was a great conference Sabbath today.  We had breakfast with the T fam and then headed down to Dad's.  The best part was seeing Baba and introducing her to Emily (4 weeks old today!).  We enjoyed conference together.  The kids stayed and listened more today because I had printed some Bingo cards for them and other activity pages (Dad liked bingo too :) ).  We had a yummy lunch between sessions and Shad and his fam arrived then too.  We watched the second session with everyone (wow!  I loved Elder Holland's talk.  and Elder Oaks. and the two in morning session that touched on the tree of life).  Then we chatted and the kids played.  It was perfect weather outside.  Dad hid confetti eggs for the grandkids to find and they got to smash them on Grandpa, Uncle Shad, and Uncle Dan.  Then the kids went out with Grandpa for a while to do relay races, balance in different ways, and play missionary tag.  Shad and Dan and I took turns out there too.  We all headed home just before 7.  We missed Tyler, but it was fun thinking about how conference brings latter-day saints all over the world together this weekend. 
Carrie and Emily

Emily, 4 weeks, Baba, 4810 weeks

Jack and Shad looking at pictures of "Unca-shad's-boat".
 

No comments: