Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!

It's been a great week here, busy and fun getting ready for Easter. 

I was glad to send the big girls to school last Monday March 21.  Dan was back to work as usual and we did our grocery swap (except for Emily, she was with me).  Megan had a soccer clinic that night, so we moved FHE to Tuesday.
Tuesday was joy school for Candy.  So in the morning it was just Jack and Emily and me.  We had fun.  We did a little shopping looking for Easter basket stuff but didn't have much luck that day.  After school Megan had piano and we did Family night about Easter.  
 


 
Wednesday we had playgroup at one of our favorite parks.  I picked up one extra kid and the weather was great.  Emily was an angel and slept most of the time while the kids played and I chatted with friends.  Wednesday afternoon was busy.  Ali watched the other kids (except Emily) while I took Megan for her follow up at the ENT.  The good news is Megan doesn't need tubes.  The bad news is we are feeling more and more sure that the hearing loss in her left ear is probably congenital (which is why tubes didn't help last year).  We will continue to check it every 6 months and make sure it's not worsening.  For now we won't do hearing aids since she seems very adapted and isn't having problems at school or otherwise with hearing things. 
Emily on Wednesday--so strong!

She's getting too strong!  She rolled herself off the pillow when I wasn't in the room on Thursday!

Joy school got cancelled Thursday bc of sick kids.  So Candy stayed home and got to be here when Linda T and Kat and her 3 year old Logan came to visit.  It was fun to chat and catch up.  They brought lunch to share too.  Thursday night, Dad and Sally came to visit and brought dinner.  They hadn't seen Emily since the hospital.  We got to hear all about their trip and see the pictures--it made me want to go to Israel!  And it was cool to show the kids where all the things happened in Christ's life.  They stayed til bedtime and it was great catching up with them.


Friday was a day off of school for Good Friday.  Emily got to wear her Easter outfit. 


We had friends over to play in the morning and at lunch time met up with a bunch of friends at the park for an easter egg hunt and potluck lunch.  Carrie joined us and we had a great time.  



 
Friday night we had a ward social at someone's house in the ward (they have a giant backyard with a full size tennis court, big play area, etc).  It was fun to see friends and have dinner.

Saturday we (Dan) worked on the yard, took his car in for some repairs, took the kids fishing at a pond in the neighborhood, and after naptime we went to Ali's for an Easter egg hunt, egg roll, and dinner before Megan and I went to the Women's broadcast.  Megan played in a little handbell choir with other girls from our ward for the prelude.  She did great.  And the broadcast was wonderful.  All about serving others.

Fishing:

At Ali's


Easter morning was fun as usual.  We started with Megan sharing these eggs with us that she made at A-Days--12 eggs and each had something representing the last week of Christ's life with a scripture to go along with it.  And we bore our testimonies of the Savior and talked about why eggs--new life--are a symbol of Easter.  Then the kids got to find their baskets (new swim suits!) and eggs.  We (except Dan who was fasting) had french toast for breakfast and took some pics all dressed up before church.  Emily and I went for the first time since she was born (3 weeks today!) and just stayed for sacrament meeting.  After church we had Ali and Ben over for dinner along with a lady Dan home teaches (she is single and has no family and pretty poor health--she was really happy to be here).  Yummy food and the kids had fun playing.  We watched some family movies before bedtime.  The kids are wiped out after such a nice weekend. 



I felt such overwhelming gratitude for my Savior as we took the pictures--because of Him I get to be with these kids forever. 


I loved having an Easter fast Sunday.  The testimonies all focused on our Savior and were sweet witnesses of His love.  I love Easter.  I love reflecting on the joy the disciples must have felt after experiencing such a tragic loss as they looked on the resurrected Savior for the first time.  I'm so thankful to know we will all be resurrected one day because of Him.  

3 weeks old today (March 27)

 

No comments: