Monday (happy 64th to Dad) we didn't have grocery swap because the Tracy's were at Disney World. So I got to take Candy, Jack, and Emily with me. It made me grateful that I don't usually have to bring them :). Candy and Emily were fine, Jack was a typical 2 year old. After school we had cousins over to play and that was fun. Megan taught family night. She talked about Alma the younger and repentance (from her primary lesson the day before). She is getting a little less shy and even bore her testimony to our family at the end (something the other kids do almost every week, but she usually doesn't want to).
Here is Emily all ready for bed after family night and a bath on Monday. I weighed her and she was about 11 pounds--growing great!
Tuesday
after I dropped the big girls at school, Candy at joy school, and Jack
at cousin's house, Emily and I headed to my 6 week checkup with my OB.
All was well and they loved Emily and seeing pics of the kids all
together. I helped Ali get her car dropped off for a repair and we had
lunch at her house. Megan had piano that afternoon and Dan went home
teaching after we put the kids to bed that night.
This
is Candy snuggling Emily before we picked the big girls up on Tuesday.
Candy just LOVES Emily and is actually a really great helper for her.
Wednesday
was a little drizzly. I took Emily, Jack, and Candy to visit Carrie at
work from 9 am to 10 am because she had 3 students with her and no
patients. So Jack and Candy got to be the guinea pigs to give the
students experience with administering different tests to determine how
delayed or advanced a kid is compared to average. There was lots of
balancing, jumping, running, stair climbing, ball throwing, etc. The
kids had fun. We came home and I hosted playgroup here at the house.
About 5 moms and their kids came and it was nice to chat and let the
kids play. Megan had A-days after school and they made tithing jars and
talked about finances. Now she wants to know how she can earn more
money!
Thursday I went to visit my visit teachee who had
the stroke. She is now living with her daughter about 30 minutes away
in spring branch area (near 610 and 290). I spoke with her daughter
over the weekend and Sammie had gotten pneumonia and decided she didn't
want to go back to the hospital so they were getting organized with
hospice care. But when I saw her on Thursday she actually looked pretty
great. She misses seeing her husband (he's still at their home in
Humble), but they call each other every day and she was very alert and
recognized me. We had a good conversation and I'm glad I got to go. My
visiting teacher kept Jack for me so I just had Emily (Candy was at joy
school). Megan had soccer and I made a meal for another family that
night. It was also the kindergarten info night for Candy but with
soccer going on we missed it (we've done this before, it can't have
changed much). Can you believe Candy (and Owen and Molly) will be in
kindergarten in the fall?
Candy and Emily
on Thursday after Candy's reading lesson with me. She is doing well
with reading, it's just hard to convince her to do a lesson some days!
Emily
is getting stronger. I was having her do tummy time on Thursday and
she held her head up like this for about 2 minutes. Not bad for a 1
month old!
Friday
Megan got to go on a field trip to the aquarium. They got to see the
exhibits and ride all the rides and she had a blast. My visiting
teachers came and I watched my nephew Luke in the morning. I had a
sprinkler guy come check out a possible leak in the afternoon. He found
a valve that had been opened partially that shouldn't have been, so
hopefully that does the trick. We had a quiet night at home, the kids
were pretty cranky and went to bed a little early.
Emily on Friday
I finally got our bouncer out of the attic. Emily tested it Friday while the kids rode bikes in front of the house.
Saturday
we got to clean the church at 8 am. It was great because there were
like 5 families there and everybody worked hard and we were totally done
by 8:45. I got the kids some shipley's on the way home for their hard
work. We went back to the church at 10:30 for a baptism of Megan's
friend Kathryn who just turned 8. The kids were pretty wild and we
actually skipped out right after the confirmation. Dan was at the
church but not with us bc he is in charge of organizing the baptisms and
coordinating the font time for all the wards and there were 3 kids
getting baptized that day.
We came home for lunch and then
headed to Megan's soccer game. She played well, still improving each
week and had fun (but they lost 4-1). Her cousin Alonzo played on the
next field over that day, so we stayed to watch the last half of his
game too. We had date night that night. We took Emily with us to
Costco to grab some dinner and home again to watch a movie and hang out.
Emily before the game.
Our backseat view these days
It's
been a nice Sunday. I was so glad to be back for the full block. It
was fun to be with my class again. Dan was with us at sacrament meeting
and the kids were pretty good. My class is a week behind Megan's for
some reason, so I taught about Alma the younger repenting today. It was
good. After church and dinner we had a family council. Dan and I had
planned for it during our date on Saturday night and the kids seemed to
like it. We asked the kids for ideas on how to speak more kindly and
stop yelling in our family. The big girls had some good ideas and they
seemed to like contributing. We'll see if that makes them more inclined
to speak kindly! We also ran through things people in the family might
need extra prayers for this week and that was pretty sweet too. Candy
is supposed to start rookie camp for swim team tomorrow and is pretty
nervous (but it's supposed to rain for the next few days, so we'll see
when she actually has to get in).
Megan and Emily before church.
Emily and I during after church naptime. She's such a snuggler.
Well
that's it from me this week. I'm listening to quite the wind storm
outside and just heard the first thunder--it's supposed to storm for the
next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment