Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Utah 2015--Lipsync Night

Aug. 12 is Dan sister's Ali's birthday, and the next day is her husband Ben's birthday.  So with my birthday just a few days before, we had a family combined birthday party that night after the county fair.  Ali and Dan thought a family lip sync battle would be fun, so we all came prepared.

Dan was the MC.

There was a little dance party while we waited to start.

The first act of the night was by Dan's parents.  They said they needed to go first so they could get in costume.  They were awesome!  They sang "There's a Hole in My Bucket, Dear Liza", but it was a Disney version with Goofy singing the song.  The twist was that Jane dressed as Goofy and Ken dressed as Liza!  It was hilarious!  The grandkids just couldn't stop staring at Papa in a dress and wig :).

Amberly went next...she dressed as Rapunzel and had great props. She sang "Let Your Hair Down".

The audience...



Winnie was adorable--she lip synced "Let It Go" and did it so well!  She was backed up by all the other little girl cousins.

The older grandkids sang Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys--they were great!

Farmer Boston sang "Peaches".

Lily did "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Michelle sang "Since You Been Gone"

Dan and I rocked out to Blink 182's "All The Small Things".  I decided rock drumming was not for me--all that head-banging gave me a headache!


Heather sang two songs.  She did a duet with Amberly to "Loathing" from Wicked.  Then she did "We Didn't Start the Fire".  Both were great, but I don't know why I didn't get a pic of their duet!

Ali and Ben did "Highway Don't Care" by Tim McGraw and a girl.  Ben did the girl part--awesome.

Ben lipsynced "I Believe I Can Fly".  Which apparently he also sang in the shower pretty much every day as a teenager.  Awesome.

Dan did a solo song too.  It was "I Found Myself a Cheerleader" and he had fun because it has a trumpet solo in the middle of it. 

Clara sang a Katy Perry song--she was the last of the night. 

It was such a fun night to see everyone and enjoy sharing a new "talent".  We may not be Jimmy Fallon ready, but we had a blast.

No comments: