Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School!

It felt like such a quick turnaround to get home from our trip on Tuesday evening and have school starting the next Monday.  We had our last playgroup at the pool, swam a few other times, got organized for joy school, met the teachers, and did father's blessings.

On Aug. 22, I decided the time had come for Candy's first hair cut.  In fact, all the kids got trims that day, but Candy's was the most drastic change.  I was pretty nervous to cut at those curls, but it turned out just fine and is still as curly as ever. 

It was so long!  All the way to her waistband when it was combed out straight.

After--cutie.




Before we knew it, Monday had arrived.  I was SO READY this year.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE summer.  I love the freedom of being able to explore and play and swim and be together.  But boy, having all the kids home all the time makes it super-challenging to stay on top of more than the basics of the house.  The kids were ready for some time apart from each other and I was ready for some routine.  So we were all excited. 

Both girls marched right in this year.  We dropped Brooke off first in the first grade hallway and headed around the corner to the second grade hallway to see Megan off. 



Monday, Aug. 24 was the first day of school.  It was SO MUGGY that day.  I could NOT keep my lens from fogging up like crazy.  Here are the girls before school.



And with a wiped clean lens, all four kiddos.  Yes, Candy and Jack walked in for the drop off in their pjs.  I am like 75% sure I showered before the drop off.  I think.  It was a busy morning!

Brooke ready for first grade!

Megan ready for second grade!

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

Ok, I can't believe you just gave Candy her first haircut ever!

And your kids are so cute!