Both the garden and our sweet Candy are really growing.
Candy cut her first tooth the week of May 6 (the top one on her left side but not the middle one, the next one...if that makes sense). She is crawling all over the place, pulling up and cruising, mimicking our sounds and faces like a champ, and is still our happy girl. She sleeps through the night (usually 7 pm to 8 am) and takes 2 naps when we let her...or one really long afternoon nap on most days. She loves feeding herself and has quite the appetite. Her favorite foods are pb&js, bananas, and yogurt but she'll eat just about anything She can eat an entire sandwich (crust and all) plus a banana and
Anyway. In short, we love this girl.
We're looking forward to the harvest!: green and yellow peppers, tomatoes (better boys, roma, and some other one), sugar snap peas, onions (but they got trampled by little helpers and may not make it), and jalapenos
Sigh, look at those blue eyes. This is a happy girl after eating some of my little brother's bday cake (Aah, he's 15 and getting a permit! Watch out!), she's 10 months old today, May 11!
We had to take these off the wall, but this is Megan's life-size self portrait from joy school. I love how she draws faces right now. Big ovals for the eyes and nose, straight line for the mouth. Also notice the coloring--she LOVES to color as hard as she can with many colors right next to each other. She calls them all rainbows. Plus she was on a circle kick that day, hence the giant oval and multiple circles all over.
Ok, I helped Brooke color hers. But she did all the scribbling.
I caught Megan's crazy face. She looks like she's caged :)
I LOVE watching Candace feed herself. She usually two-fists it and shoves as much as she can into her mouth. Good thing her gag reflex is intact--we've only had to do the heimlich once. This is her demolishing a banana.
Speaking of growing, my baby brother is growing up fast. He turned 15 on May 9 and we went to Dad's for a little party to celebrate.
2 comments:
Candace is so cute! Beautiful blue eyes!! I love the self portraits. It's so funny to me when kids start drawing. I just love to see things from their perspective. I always try to write on the paper what William tells me about what he has drawn. Most of the time it's snakes and a pretty exciting story.
Candy is so big!! And look at her hair!! What a cutie.
Post a Comment