On Monday, May 14, Dan and I celebrated 7 years of married life. Each year seems to fly by faster than the last. While we've been warned about the "7 year itch", neither of us seem very itchy--in fact, we still love to just be together, whatever we may be doing. We got to grab some milkshakes to celebrate on Saturday May 12 and even got a last minute date night on May 17 to the Astro's game with some good friends who shared their tickets.
Before milkshakes, we celebrated cousin Chloe's 4th birthday at Shad's house.
Molly (1), Candace (9 months)
My beautiful Baba
Megan
Candace was not too sure about the grass. It was so funny.
Brooke...
Tyler (just turned 15), and Candace
On the 14th itself, Dan had a physical therapy appointment in the morning, so he was working from home (always nice). The girls and I did our usual grocery swap, but when it was my turn to go to the store, instead I drove down and picked up Baba for an afternoon at our house.
Baba and I had such a nice time together. I put the girls down for a nap and Baba and I ate a quick lunch. She began guiding me through some family history basics while we chatted and caught up. I appreciate her wisdom and advice and tried my best to soak up as many nuggets of wisdom as I could. Dan joined us when he finished with work and we enjoyed watching our wedding video while the kids ran around. We picked up some Pei Wei on our way to take Baba back to my dad's (our second year in a row of Pei Wei takeout on our anniversary) and had a great dinner with Baba, Dad, and Tyler. We headed home around 6:30 pm and put the girls right to bed so we could watch "The Vow".
It was a nice simple anniversary!
Baba watching Candy crawl around...
Dan, Baba, and the girls deciding what to order for dinner. Candy is still small enough that Baba can hold her for a while until she gets wiggly.
Brooke loves Baba...and Baba's cane (this got her into trouble when she tried to walk off with it from time to time)
My Baba-Ethel (age 88) and me (age 27)...
1 comment:
Congrats on seven years! It doesn't seem that long ago I drove down from MT to attend. Good memories of that day. Best of luck with year eight!
Post a Comment