Megan was so excited to realize that if Maren's baby came out to play, ours would come someday too!
Maren (looking great at 2 days post partum) and Anna (Ah-dorable!)
Shad, Jamie, Dad, Mom, Carrie, and Tyler before the race...
The whole team! Sweet Like Candy 2011
(L to R): My Mom Candy, Laura, and Linda (two of her good friends; Linda is the Mom of my good friends Kat and Jenn)
My Mom is one of the most amazing women I know. She proved that yet again on her race day! While we were flying home from Utah on Mother's Day (May 8), Mom was being admitted to the hospital for a collapsed lung--she walked that 5K on one lung. It was most likely nicked during her surgery on May 6.
I was pretty sad that we didn't get to head straight over to Mom's when we got off the plane like we wanted, but we did arrive home safe and sound and looked forward to seeing her soon. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful mothers--my Mom, Dan's Mom, Baba, Dan's Grandma, my sisters, sisters-in-law, aunts--it's amazing the influence each has had on my life.
I wasn't expecting much for myself on Mother's Day this year, but Dan had planned ahead! I arrived home to a lovely new food processor (that I'd been wanting for a few years)--it was a great surprise.
Mother's Day was especially poignant for me this year as I realized it could be the last one I'd have with my Mom. I was so thankful that day for the chance to talk with her on the phone and express my love.



1 comment:
Finding out more and more about her, I'm continually amazed by your mom. I see a lot of her in you.
Post a Comment