Friday, May 06, 2011

The Wedding

So the original reason for us to come visit Utah was to celebrate the wedding of Dan's cousin Bryan and his sweetheart, Jennie.  They just happened to choose May 6--a mere 2 weeks after my Grandfather's party, so we decided to send the kids and I early to celebrate that and just stay for the duration.
When I met Dan, he was living in an apartment with his cousins Bryan and Nathan and their good buddy, Lynn.  Nathan married Stephanie 3 weeks before Dan and I got married and then there were a number of years where we all waited and waited for Lynn and Bryan to jump on the marriage bandwagon!  Lynn got married last year and now (finally!), Bryan is married too!  We had so much fun meeting Jennie (she is an RN in the NICU where I used to work, so I liked her immediately) and being part of their special day.

They had their reception the night before (on May 5).  Everything looked beautiful and we loved the ice cream sundae bar--yum, yum.

Megan being a goof in the afternoon before the party...

Brooke and the tiger she adopted as her own while at Grandma and Papa's...

Brooke waiting to meet the soon-to-be bride and groom...

Our family with Bryan and Jennie...

Another reception, another opportunity to dance with your sister...

And take care of little Henry (they about dove in that stroller with him---our new baby will be SO loved)

Cory and Tara with Dan and I (Cory was another roommate of Dan's who just got married--we're so happy for them too!)

Lynn and Michelle...

We stayed at the reception for quite some time because we wanted to see as many old friends as we could...so to help our children not run around like crazies, we strapped them in their stroller and kept them well stocked with m&ms from the sundae bar :).  Parents of the year, that's us!

The next day was Friday, May 6--here is a pic of Dan and I ready to leave for the sealing... (special shout out to Michelle, Ali, and Heather who watched our kids for us!)
 Dad and Mom Aird with Aunt Janice and Uncle Len...

Bryan and Jennie!  I love this picture :)

Amber and Stephanie...

All the boys...Nathan, Lynn, Bryan, Dan, and Cory--they were such fun guys to know when we were all single and it's fun to see them all in their own families now!

Bryan's truck--we made sure they got to leave in style :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for the pictures and updates. You're little girls are getting so big and I can't believe how close you are to having #3! How exciting. Hope you're doing ok.