Dan's parents had tickets to come to Houston Aug. 2-9. But then our little one arrived 13 days before her due date! Who would have thought?
So Dan's mom Jane graciously changed her flight and came out July 28 to be with us sooner and stay a little longer. Here I was, 2 1/2 weeks after having my third child and 4 weeks after losing my Mom and I was trying to hold it all together. It was so nice to have her come and mother me at a time when I needed it more than I ever had before. She cleaned things that needed cleaning, watched big kids so I could nap, held the baby so I could spend one-on-one time with the big girls, made meals, took kids swimming, cleaned up toys, and played games with us in the evenings. She did so many of the things my Mom would have done if she were here. Mostly, she just came and loved us all--thank you Jane!
Candace and Jane on July 29. One month after Mom's passing. We had a nice dinner that night to celebrate my niece Madelyn turning 7. It was also a last hurrah before our precious window of time with all of my siblings together with Dad ended. Dad and Tyler flew out July 30 for 2 1/2 weeks away in Washington--Jamie and her family would be back in Connecticut before they got back.
New princess pjs from Grandma--July 30
On July 30 in the afternoon, we had a get-together at the home of one of my Mom's best friends, Linda (the Mom of some of my best friends, Kat and Jenn). Carrie, Me, Linda and baby Candace, Kat, and Jamie. (Jane stayed home--I think she welcomed a break from our crazy girls!)
Candace and I on her first day at church--July 31st (one day shy of 3 weeks old)
Sissy snuggles--Megan just loves her little sis (Aug 1)
Hanging out on the kitchen island, Aug. 1
We spent a fun morning at the pool on Aug. 2. Jane swam with Megan and Brooke and Jamie and her 5 kids came to play too.
Candace and I just tried to beat the heat (mostly she napped and I took pictures)
I kept her cool in the shade with the occasional rubdown with pool water
Megan, Catherine, Jamie, Owen, Adam, Madelyn, Julianne, and Brooke
Reading books with Grandma, Aug. 2 (also the day Dan's dad--Papa--arrived)











1 comment:
What a sweet tribute to me. It is always a joy to be with your family. What a blessing you are in my life!
Post a Comment