Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Rest of August

Once Jamie and Ken and Jane left, life was pretty much back to "normal".  But it sure seemed hard to remember what normal was.  We were back to our playgroup, weekly grocery swaps, dinners at home, and bedtimes.  I went an entire week without going down to my parents' house--that hadn't happened since our Utah trip in April. 
Candace grew like a weed during August, Dan and I got out a few times without the kids, Brookie definitely took on being 2 with enthusiasm, and Megan started her second year of a home rotating preschool. 
There is comfort in returning to routines.  But also pain at being forced to find new routines.  Since moving to Houston, I'd been having "craft days" about once a week at my Mom's.  Those were the best days!  I'd come over with my girls. Amy would come over from across the street.  We'd chat and Mom would make us a yummy lunch and sometimes we'd even work on projects :).
I've discovered that craft days are not nearly as fun without Mom.  I tried to keep them up--but I soon realized that without Mom there, I was spending very little time doing projects and a great deal of time keeping my kids out of trouble or cleaning up the trouble they'd get in while I worked.  So, at least while my children are so small, my craft days have become a little fewer and farther between.

Aug. 9

Aug. 10

Aug. 11...One month old and no, she can't be any cuter

Kisses and snuggles on Mom and Dad's bed, Aug. 12

She sleeps right through it!

 Darling bow, Aug. 12

Aug. 14, naptime after church

Aug. 15, starting to get a little stronger!

Aug. 16, Megan LOVES her little Candace

Aug. 20, those cheeks are starting to round out!

Aug. 20, alert after bath time...

Aug. 21, in one of my favorite dresses.  My Dad gave all of his children Father's blessings this Sunday.  It was a tender night.  

Aug. 22, 6 weeks old, first smiles!

Aug. 23, Daddy and his girls

Aug. 23--Candace's first bottle. She downed it!

Aug. 24--Megan and Brooke playing in the backyard (who doesn't love a good beanie when it's 105 out?)


Aug. 25--she was sleeping...until the flash went off--sorry sweet baby!  Aunt Carrie came to babysit that night so we could go to the temple.

Aug. 29--morning cartoons

Aug. 29--singing to baby

Aug. 30--a VERY excited preschooler.  We switched to the "Joy School" curriculum this year and it's been a lot of fun.


Aug. 30--these two have become such good friends this year.  Brooke sure misses Megan while she's at school.

  

No comments: