What a mouthful! Thankfully the procedure itself takes about as long as it takes to say that. Megan had her very first surgery on Friday. The night before was the worst part (have you ever tried explaining to your hungry 4 month old why they can't nurse after midnight?!?). But she did manage to fall back to sleep without eating. We arrived at the surgery center at 6:45 am, she went back for the procedure around 8 am, and by 8:30 we were home! Hurray! She has a hearing screen this week and we hope she will pass with flying colors.
Here is a post-procedure Megan. If you look closely you can see some crusty blood on her left ear :(

Of course I forgot the camera, but she looked so cute in the hospital gown (the smallest one they had was HUGE on her)and the little square shaped hospital socks holding her prize--a brave lion.
3 comments:
I hope the hearing test goes well. She's too little to have to go through that.
Poor girl. Good thing you have that awesome background to be a good mom and a good nurse for your baby. Did she have recurrent ear infections-- or how did you know she needed tubes? I hope things go well for you both. She does look adorable in her Easter dress.
I think you just have magnifying glasses for eyes. I can't see any blood on her ear, but I am glad she did so good with the pre- ,dura-, and post surgery.
Post a Comment