Monday we rode bikes to school and
as soon as I got back with Jack and Emily we ran to pick up our grocery
order. Dan needed to exchange a work shirt we had bought so after I
put the groceries away we ran to Costco to wander around and change out
the shirt. I watched my friends 2 littlest boys so she could go help
clean the temple. The girls rode bikes home and we hung out with our
neighbors playing outside in great weather before dinner. Dan was also
cleaning at the temple (that's why we did family night last Sunday). I
got the kids to bed and he got home around 8:30.
Cutie baby--one week til she's one
Our neighbors just got their kid a pet snake for his birthday--Megan and Brooke took turns holding it. That thing will be 5-6 feet long when full grown!
Tuesday I ran with my friend and after slower runs last week, we were
down around 10 minute miles again so that was good. The girls had
tutoring before school and I took Jack and Emily to story time at the
library. That was fun and we had some time before lunch and naps so I
took them to visit Mom's grave with me. I don't think I had been since
before I had Emily. It is always nice to be there and think about Mom
and talk about her with the kids but it always takes a bit to recover
from too. I got to go to my book club that night which was a nice time
out with friends.
Wednesday was warm again--like low 80s but it was a little overcast
and very pleasant for playgroup at the park here in Fall Creek. We had
lots of friends come.
Emily ignored the little
pieces of sandwich I had torn up for her and instead gnawed on that
whole apple for like 40 minutes. She was SO happy with it!
Thursday I ran with Kyra and ran errands in the morning, got the
oil changed in the car, etc. I am planning to coach swim team again
this summer, and they are trying to be more formal with their hiring
process, so I received my official "offer" email that day. I was a
little bugged because they dropped the hourly wage from what they paid
last time AND dropped the amount that you can receive as a bonus at the
end of the season, so I spent the afternoon thinking through a
counter-offer email. The girls did basketball camp with Aunt Ali after
school.
Friday Jack had playschool and I got caught
up on the house and I sent my counter offer to the swim team
president--hopefully they will sweeten the deal a little! It was a
fantastic weather day--70 and bright sunshine, so I met up with Ali
after playschool to chat while the kids played. Megan, Brooke, Candy,
and I all ran a 2K race in The Woodlands that evening with a huge group
of people from the ward and neighborhood. My friend Shelly has a
daughter Kaitlyn who is Brooke's age. Kaitlyn has spina bifida (her
back didn't close when she was still in utero) and had this amazing
surgery done before she was born to close her back. She still has spina
bifida, but with the surgery, lots of therapy and hard work, she was
able to walk/run the race this year--something her parents initially
thought would never happen. They did a ton of fundraising to benefit
the place where they stayed when she had the surgery in San Francisco
(it's like a rondald mcdonald house). Anyway, we met up with Dan and
Ali's family at the mall there for a quick dinner, race packet pickup,
and then the race itself. They had us run in waves and (of course) our
group was in the last wave so we had waited nearly an hour to start our
race after the first group started. But that's ok, it was fun. I
stayed with Candy and she ran most of it and had fun. It was really
pretty there along the woodlands waterway--trees all lit up and the
little river running between and we were on the path right along the
water.
My big girls and me with Kaitlyn
Saturday morning Dan played in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament at
church and had fun with that. I took the kids to do some birthday
shopping for Emily while he was there. Emily's little friend Ellie
turned one on saturday so I took Emily and Jack to her party. We got
home at dinner time and watched the kids of another family that night
(they will watch ours when we go to the rodeo next week).
Emily and her friend Ellie.
It's been a nice, drizzly Sunday. I can't believe that 1 year ago I
was out riding around in Shad's new boat, not knowing Emily would be
born the next day. It's the first fast Sunday in almost 2 years that
I've been able to fast, so that has been challenging but great too :).
Testimony meeting was great--as usual, Brooke bore a nice testimony and
there were lots of others who shared too. I taught today and with 2
visitors the class felt HUGE (11 kids). My new team teacher started
today which was great since one of our kids needed some extra attention
today. It was all about the printing of the book of mormon and I kept
remembering our trip to the grandin printing press back in 2010. We'll
have choir practice in a bit and it's still raining, so we'll probably
play games with the kids all afternoon.
One year ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment