Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Week

We've had a great week here. 

I did grocery pick up on Monday morning and spent the day getting caught up around the house.  I finished the last bridesmaid skirt and dropped it off at Jenn's house after I picked up the kids from school.  Dan taught FHE about the last supper and talked about how special it was and how the sacrament is like that every week.  He emphasized being reverent during the sacrament, and they were pretty good today (6 days later), so maybe it sunk in!  I tried to do our taxes that night but had computer issues...my IT guy worked on it for 2 hours and we went to bed. 

FHE treats


So Tuesday (Valentines day!) I started backing up our entire computer to prep for erasing the whole thing and starting over :). I ran with my friend in the morning and we had a neighbor over to play with Jack before lunch. I made heart pancakes for the kids before school and then we had a fancy dinner of grilled steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, meatballs for the kids, green beans with a little bacon--super good. Dan brought me some lovely flowers too. It was a nice, low-key valentines day.

Wednesday was a little cool, so we had playgroup inside at the mall. Lots of friends came and it was really fun. The kids rode bikes in the nice weather with the neighbors after school.

Thursday I ran again first thing and then spent the rest of the day re-installing Windows and all our programs and such. It took a lot of my day, but it worked! I got our taxes done, wahoo! I took the kids to a ward member's house after school so they could have rollerblade "races" with one of their kids--he's in 4th grade and he and Megan had been talking all week about who would win. I told them they couldn't race but they could play follow the leader. They all had a blast.
Friday while Jack was at playschool I folded laundry and washed material to hopefully make quilts before too much longer.  We had cousins over to play after school and dropped off the kids for babysit night.  Dan and I ran some errands and met up with our friend Colette and Richard (he's our bishop) for dinner at a pizza place and a movie at their house after.  It was really fun. 

Saturday was a full and busy day!  Kate Eccles got married.  Dan had to go fill the font in the morning (but had a sub go to the actual baptisms since we had the wedding).  We dropped our kids off with friends at 10 and the sealing was at 11.  I loved it.  It was pretty awesome to be with my 3 closest childhood friends and their spouses and all our parents (I hope Mom got to peek in too!) in the sealing room along with lots of other old-timers from the MW 2 ward that have known me since I was born.  We grew up in a great ward family--I never felt too bad that we didn't have extended family members close by in Houston because the people in our ward became our extended family.  Bishop Pratt sealed them.  After the sealing we took a few group shots and then Dan headed to be with the kids.  I stayed for more pics and then went to a luncheon at a Mediterranean grill across from meyerland plaza.  It was yummy.  And then to the Maplewood building (beechnut building?) for the open house.  It was in the primary room.  Dan and the kids met up with me there and Dad and Sally came back for it too.  It was really fun to reconnect with lots of people from my youth.   



No comments: