Jack taught our family night lesson that night and we watched the church video about the first vision.
Tuesday
I ran with Kyra and Dan's sister Ali, got the girls to school early for
tutoring, and ran some errands in the morning. The kids had piano
after school.
Jack and Emily are so fun to be home with all day, they are cute buddies
Wednesday I had to run one of Kate's bridesmaids skirts over to
Carrie's office so she could drop it off for me (the girl lives right by
Willow Pool). Then I headed to playgroup. It was almost 80 degrees
but the park was shady and there was a breeze and it was pretty perfect
weather. We stayed all the way til naptime. The girls rode bikes again
MOnday with no problems and Wednesday morning, but I was feeling
anxious waiting for them on Wednesday afternoon. Just when I had Jack
and Emily ready to get in the car and find them I saw Megan come down
the street--but just Megan. Brooke had been playing around and taken a
fall around the corner from the house, so Megan got Brooke and Candy and
their bikes out of the road and rode home as fast as she could to get
me. I was pretty proud of how responsible Megan was! Brooke was
scraped up and bleeding and scared but she was ok. A neighbor had seen
Brooke and Candy crying out there and waited the 5 minutes with them til
I got there. Megan had activity days and then I went to the temple and
did a session. It was really nice to be in the temple.
Thursday
I ran early again. This time we decided to run as fast as we could for
the first mile and we cut a minute off our usual pace but then we were
DEAD! Haha, it was fun. I watched Ali's little boy that morning and
Dan worked from home. We had a meeting just before lunchtime about
Brooke's dyslexia testing with the principal, dyslexia specialist,
couselor, her teacher, and Dan and I. The short story is that Brooke
doesn't seem to have dyslexia (yay!) but she is really bad at spelling
and will receive some extra spelling focused tutoring in school 1-2
times a week. So hopefully that helps her and we'll keep watching. If
she still struggles, we can retest her next year. It was our nephew
Alonzo's 9th birthday, so after school their family took us bowling and
had us over for dinner and cake.
Friday the girls
had their valentine's day parties at school, so I did heart hair-dos and
sent them with valentines and boxes to collect theirs in. I hosted
Jack's little playschool and we did V is for Valentine and made heart
shaped sugar cookies and they exchanged valentines too--really fun
morning. We had babysit swap that night and Dan and I did sealings at
the temple and grabbed frozen yogurt after. We hung out with the other
babysit night couples for a bit before waking the kids to go home.
Saturday was a charity sewing bee at the church. We made a bunch
of pillowcases, tote bags, and fleece blankets. Megan came and helped
me sew on the machine some and she tied two fleece blankets. All of it
was donated to a group that helps kids in the foster care system. Megan
and Candy had parties to go to int he afternoon and we had family movie
night (watching Harry Potter 1). Lots of fun.
Today
was a nice morning. Dan was home most of the morning to help us get
ready and we got to church on time. I was on my own for sacrament
meeting which is always an adventure but went fine overall. He helped
with Emily during my class time and I had her again for sharing time but
she was good. We had a really nice day as a family today, lots of game
playing (I taught the girls rummikub!) and laughing and not as much
squabbling which was great.
Emily is almost totally
weaned as of this week, and she is a big fan of holding her own bottle
of milk. She seems to like whole milk just fine, so that's good!
No comments:
Post a Comment