Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week before Thanksgiving

It's been a great week.

Monday was the usual.  Grocery swap, Famiy night on being kind taught by me. We all drew names of another family member with the task of doing a secret service for them during the week.  I'm excited to hear the reports tomorrow but I've seen the kids doing it!

Tuesday we hit up library story time which was great.  Then some shopping for new clothes for me.  Piano after school and the missionaries came over for dinner.  One elder is in probably his last or second to last transfer.  The other had been out of the MTC for 3 days.  There was quite the contrast, but both seemed like happy missionaries. 

I didn't realize til we were at the library that Jack was wearing too-big boots with his soccer clothes.  Oh well!  He didn't care :)






Wednesday we had playgroup.  Dan had jury duty so he went to that early, didn't get picked, and worked from home the rest of the day.  It was pretty nice weather (still warm, mid 70s) so when we saw the Tracy's at the park after school we stopped and played for a bit.  One of the little girls we've known since we moved in was diagnosed with bone cancer in her heel (She's 9, in 4th grade), so Ashley and I and another friend from the neighborhood were discussing ways to help while the kids played.  They are still staging the cancer and all that.  The 4th grade was making her a poster.  I'm planning to have my kids help me stick hearts all over her front door one day this week.  I have been extra thankful for healthy kids this week.


The kindergarten had their turkey feast at lunch Wednesday--they always dress up as pilgrims--here is Candy




Thursday was a quiet day for me, so I finally got around to a Thanksgiving craft I've had waiting (painting blocks, but I'm still not done but I'm close!).  I also assembled some shelves for our piano room.  I love them, they are just what I needed to keep the piano books and the art supplies organized.  Dan planned to go to the temple straight after work but his car started shuddering and the check engine light came on so he turned around and I picked him up from the car shop.  I took pics of Ali's family at a park after getting Dan.

Here are my helpers right before I took pics for Ali. They fed bread to the ducks to keep busy.




Friday was a fun and busy day.  Dan took the van to work so I was on a bike all day!  We biked to get the girls to school.  Then I biked to drop Jack off at playschool and then to the school to run in the turkey trot with first 3rd grade (I did 1.5 miles) then with 2nd grade (I did 1.75 miles).  Then we biked home for lunch.  I had a friend bring Jack home.  Then biked back to school to do the kindergarten trot (1 mile).  Then I checked all the kids out of school so I wouldn't have to bike back again!  We all rode home.  It was warm and muggy, near 80 degrees but there was enough breeze to make it pleasant.  I got the kids all packed and then I showered and got ready.  Sally arrived at 4 to take our four oldest kids for a weekend with her and Grandpa!  Dan got home about 15 min later.  We had fun making dinner together, chatting, and watching a movie.  Emily was an angel and slept through the night and even slept in on Saturday!

Jack fell asleep on Emily in the bike trailer on our trip to school for the last turkey trot.  I couldn't wake him up, so I just let him sleep while I took Emily around the track!  He was close enough I could keep an eye on him.  He woke up as we finished our laps.

We got up around 7 am on Saturday (we are bad at sleeping in).  We went for a quick run together pushing Emily in the stroller.  Our first cold front really came through overnight so it was about 50 degrees and great for running.  We did lots of shopping all morning, some for Dan for new clothes and some for Christmas stuff for the kids.  We had lunch at Costco and walked around there for a while and came home and relaxed.  We went out to diner at Maggiano's near the galleria.  It was yummy and Emily was great.  We came home and I ordered our groceries for next week and then we watched a movie again. 

At dinner...




Dan had no meetings this morning so we had the best morning before church!  We slept late (til 7:30!) and ate breakfast together and got ready for church and picked up the house a bit.  We picked up the sister he hometeaches.   She had been awake most of the night and in pain from a fall (she has dizzy spells), but she insisted on coming to church because she'd been asked to say the opening prayer.   She uses a walker and was really struggling, but she came in and said the prayer and lasted through the sacrament.  She had Dan take her to the ER so she could get help with her pain.  They did x rays and nothing was broken which is good, but they kept her for a few hours to help with her pain and some other issues.  Dan made it back for the last few minutes of our block. It was really touching to me to see her struggle so much just to come and fulfill her assignment today.  We drove straight to Dad and Sally's after church to pick up the kids.  We were all excited to be together again.  We came home and had dinner and an early bedtime--those kids were tired after all their fun with Grandpa and Giagia. 


Dad sent me this of Jack after sacrament meeting...

No comments: