Sunday, August 14, 2016

Mid August already

I had a great birthday last Monday.  We still did grocery swap, but Ashley ran to the store first and picked up Chick Fil A for all of us to have at my house when she got back.  She even got me a frozen lemonade which is one of my favorites.  Then I went shopping while she watched kids.  Then I dropped my kids off at Ali's house--she wanted to give me some time alone, so they stayed there about 2 hours while I walked around browsing at Costco and Target all on my own.  I bought a pretty journal and some new pens for me because I like to plan out my week each Sunday and now I can do it in something pretty :).  Dan surprised me with beautiful roses when he got home from work and he also got me tickets to go see Dave Ramsey (a financial guy with a radio show that I really like) when he is in Houston in October.  Carrie and Ali and Ben's family came over after dinner for ice cream--blue bell rocky road was my pick.  We had a quick FHE on the word of wisdom and taking care of our bodies---great for the olympic week as we watch all the athletes who definitely take good care of their bodies! 







Emily couldn't stay awake for the party.  Oh those little chubby cheeks.  Love her.


Tuesday we got to take Candy to the elementary school for a quick screening with a kindergarten teacher to see where she is on reading.  She was nervous but warmed up quickly to the teacher (she was with Megan's KG teacher for it) and seemed happy about it after.  We swam with some friends after quiet time.  Jack just figured out breathing and he's pretty cute.  He is now convinced he doesn't need me at the pool as he bobs around gulping breaths.  I'm not convinced yet ;).
We borrowed a baby float for Emily.  The life of a baby is pretty great sometimes--sleeping in the pool--adorable. 


Wednesday we had a lot of pool time.  We were there from 10:30-1:30, came home for naps, and headed back at 4 pm so I could help out Ali by teaching the cub scouts some water safety and then swimming.  After dinner I got to go out with my girlfriends to celebrate a few of our summer birthdays.  We went to Bahama Bucks, yum yum.








Thursday I met up with 3 friends and we caravaned to Sylvan Beach (the one that is just 35 minutes from my house).  We practically had the beach to ourselves and it was pretty fun despite being HOT, HOT, HOT.  We were there from 10 to about 12:15 before calling it a day.  We were wiped out and took it easy in the afternoon.  Dan worked from home this day so he could go protest our property taxes (we've never done an in person protest before, so we are learning).  He opted to go to a formal hearing about the value they assigned our house, so that will be in a few weeks.  





Friday I watched Ashley's kids in the morning while she picked up school supplies.  It was Ali's birthday, so I returned the favor and took her kids while she did some shopping and got a pedicure.  After quiet time we dropped the kids at babysit night and ate a quick dinner at home before heading to the temple.  We did sealings and got to seal Baba's aunt Emily Dougherty to her parents.  Another couple there had brought a bunch of family names and we had enough people to do 2 entire families all at once, both of them with 4 children being sealed to the parents.  Those are my favorites, I love picturing the scene on the other side as the whole family of proxies kneels there.  So beautiful.  We came home and watched the olympics after picking up the kids.




Saturday we met Ali's family at the church gym at 9 and shot around a little bit.  We also did some PIG, some running, and Brookie practiced on her roller blades.  We took all the kids to costco after and they had fun tasting the samples while we walked around.  We got smoothies there before heading home.  This day was Ben's birthday (Ali's husband), so we babysat the kids while they grabbed dinner and a movie.  Dan made homemade BYU mint brownies for Ali while they were gone.  When we got ready to feed the kids dinner, we noticed that our fridge and freezer were not as cold as they should be.  They weren't cooling at all so we threw everything we could in the freezer Dad gave us and bought some ice for our ice chests for the fridge stuff.  We have a repairman coming Monday morning and we'll see what happens there 

It's been a nice Sunday.  Dan and I had to do a little swapping out today because Brooke had a low grade fever and was acting pretty tired.  He went to early meetings and came home to be with Brooke while I took everyone else for sacrament meeting and 2nd hour.  Then I was with Brooke and Emily for 3rd hour while he spoke in another ward in our building.  I came back to pick up the other kids when church was done.  He got home a few minutes after us.  We had Carrie and Shad and Amy and their crew over for dinner.  We kept Molly and Chloe for a sleepover.  The girls are so cute together.  Shad and Amy had to leave pretty quick for some meetings this evening, but Carrie stayed and we played some games.  Then we read scriptures and had prayers and all the kids worked to clean up before bed.  They were so good.  I read them some stories and then put them to bed--they were SO excited to be all together in Megan and Brooke's room.  2 in the bunkbeds (Meg and Brooke) and 3 (Candy, Chloe, Molly) in sleeping bags on the floor.  There was a little giggling but they are quiet now.  




No comments: