Sunday, August 21, 2016

Farewell to Summer

It was a little bit of a long week this week with all the rain.  I am SO ready to send the girls off to school tomorrow!  But we had fun too. 
Monday started early with the fridge repairman coming around 7:20 am.  He thought he had the part to solve our problem, but no.  So he went to another call, then drove out to Katy to pick up a second part and came all the way back, but still nothing.  He was stumped.  He called a few colleagues and they all had no idea.  So we hoped maybe we just had bad luck with the second part he brought (like maybe it was broken) so Dan and I ordered one to arrive the next day.  With no fridge, I didn't need to go to the store, but I watched Ashley's kids while she ran (and we still had Chloe and Molly from the sleepover).  After lunch, I took my crew out to Shad's to return Chloe and Molly.  Megan got a new wire (she was so sore, poor kid!) at Shad's office and we all swam for a little bit before I headed home.  Megan did FHE that night on making good media choices. 

Tuesday we had to finish registering for school which involved a long line in a torrential rain storm, but thankfully they moved the line inside so we didn't get soaked.  We hung out and had lunch with the Tracy's.  When we got home for quiet time the fridge part arrived--I put the new part in and...NOTHING.  Fridge officially dead.  Carrie had a work break that afternoon so she came to hang out for a bit and we had an early dinner so we could go shop for a new fridge.  Ali took our girls swimming and we took Jack and Emily with us.  We didn't find one in stock but by the end of the night had one ordered to arrive on Saturday (4 more days with no fridge!).

Wednesday we swam in the morning.  It was great until this big black storm cloud moved in and DUMPED on us.  Pretty fun to run to the car with all the kids in the soaking rain.  The Tracy's came over for lunch and playing before quiet time.  When the kids woke up we went to a new Kroger by us to get some food.  We bought some frozen skillet meal things and had one for dinner that night.  And had to replenish our cooler ice too.

Thursday we went to another friend's house for playing and lunch.  It was raining and we let the kids play out in the rain for a while.  After lunch I dropped the kids at Ali's house while I ran to kindergarten orientation.  Not too much new info there.  Candy will have the same teacher as Brooke and I liked her a lot, so I think it will be great.  Dan came home a little early so we could all go to the meet the teacher night at school.  The teachers all seem nice.  Megan has a good buddy from the ward in her class (and Candy has 2!), but Brookie doesn't.  She'll be ok though. 

Friday I took the big girls to a "magic show" put on by another family in the ward.  The mom let me drop them off while I ran to Emily's 4 month checkup (a little late, she's 5 1/2 months but oh well!).  She is growing great and meeting her milestones (17 pounds 11 oz--huge!).  I showed the doctor that the wrinkles in her little chubby thighs were not the same in both legs--I noticed a while back and knew it could be a sign of some hip problems so we will have an x ray to follow up on that sometime this week.  I took the kids to the little pool after quiet time to swim.  Ali and her kids met us there.  We swam for 45 minutes.  Then some lifeguards showed up and said they saw lightning and made us get out.  We played at the park by the pool for a while until I bullied the lifeguards into opening again (it was fine!  like 40 minutes plus with no thunder!).  We watched olympics with the kids that night.

Silly Emily Friday morning. 

Saturday started early with the arrival of the new fridge at 7:30!!! I was so happy!!!! It works--hurray!  We did the lawn in the morning.  Dan ran to oversee the child of record baptisms.  My kids rode bikes for a bit before we went up to the church too for Megan's friend's baptism.  Very nice.  Dan took the kids swimming in the late afternoon so I could get the house cleaned up a bit and make dinner.  I was feeling pretty ready for school to start so I can stay a little more caught up on the house!  After dinner and bedtime I headed to a girls night out to celebrate some more birthdays of friends.

Today was a great Sunday.  The kids were pretty good before church and in sacrament meeting.  Dan was with us for most of the meeting.  The talks were all about prayer and my favorite was the youth speaker going through his usual prayers--very simple, but he bore testimony about the love he felt from God as he prayed.  I taught the lesson today about Samuel the Lamanite--awesome story, great discussion.  The theme of the lesson was about how all the prophets testify of Christ.  When we got home from church we had a snack and then did Father's blessings.  One of my favorite times of the whole year.  Megan especially was paying attention this year and took it very seriously.  Brooke and Candy were a little less focused, but they were still nice blessings.  And Jack was as proud as could be to get to have his turn.  I got a blessing too.  Priesthood blessings are just so beautiful.  I always feel the love of God so strongly when I receive one.  And it brings back memories of blessings from Dad before school each year.  I'm so thankful Dan is a worthy Priesthood holder.  He's a great dad.
My handsome Jack before church.  This kid is SO CUTE!  I can't take it sometimes.  





No comments: