Brooke and Emily during grocery swap on Jun 20
Maddie, Emily, and Brooke. They were playing ballet class.
Tue.
Jun 21--Dan worked at home again. That was great so I left her napping
at home while we went on a bike ride to the elem. school. We ride
there (usually around 7:30 am), the kids play on the playground for a
few minutes and we ride home. We went to the pool later that day.
Typical summer morning scene:
Wed
Jun 22--Bike ride in the morning to the elem. school. Dan was home
again but had a meeting, so Emily got to come--her first time in the
trailer. The girls cleaned their bathrooms again, Megan did hers almost
all by herself--wahoo! We had playgroup at the pool that day, Megan
had piano in the afternoon and we had the swim team awards that night
after dinner. Trophies all around! And cupcakes.
Megan enjoying her cupcake.
And Brooke and Candy.
Thu
Jun. 23. Swimming early with my friend. Bike ride first thing with
the kids. We went to the 50 cent movie with Ali and her kids. They had
fun. Here they are at the arcade in the theater lobby. Dan was home
again but his car got finished this day. Megan and Candy were at a
friend's house in the afternoon, so Brooke had a friend over here. Ali
and her kids were over playing before dinner and she ran Dan to pick up
his car and they stayed for dinner since her hubby was out of town.
Emily found her feet (one of the funnier things to watch a child discover)--Jun. 23
Summer lunchtime after the movie. Cute, tan little kids.
Fri
Jun 24-- Bike ride first thing. I hired a babysitter in the morning
while I went to the eye doctor for the first time in almost 5 years. He
about died that I'd been wearing my contacts for 6 months instead of
the recommended 1. But my eyes were healthy, they'd changed some with 2
more pregnancies so I've got a new prescription and I promised I'd come
back more regularly :). Dan was back at the office. We rented a movie
and had a family movie night with the kids. It was fun.
Sat
Jun 25--I responded to your emails that day from Shad's lake house. We
just swam and fished a little. Dan got a few bites and almost landed
one but it got away. We'll have to keep practicing. We got there
around 8:30 am and left around 11:30 am after a quick lunch.
Coloring at the lake house. This is in the main family room area.
Jack was ready to go out the back door to the deck.
Megan was ready for me to leave her alone with the camera.
It
was a really fun morning up there. We're thankful Shad is so happy to
open his home to us. We hosted a smaller than usual babysit swap that
night (the Tracy's are out of town).
Sun
Jun 26--Dan had early meetings. Here are my littlest babies after bath
time in the morning. Jack thought it was hilarious to lay there by
Emily and see how tall he was.
Here
is Emily after church. Church was good. It was a busy morning with
Dan at meetings and me trying to pick up a lady he home teaches. He
gave me directions but didn't know her address and I couldn't find it.
So we were running late to church. Dan ended up going back to pick her
up and we followed him there after church to see where she lives. I had
been across the street about 150 yards away, just far enough that I
couldn't see her out waiting. Oh well, now I know! I taught my class
that day about Alma's teachings to his sons. It was all about the
importance of the scriptures and of keeping records to help us remember
the hand of the Lord.
After church we headed down to Carrie's for dessert and to play Bohnanza for a bit. We had a great time.
Mon
Jun 27--I taught 2 swim lessons in the morning from 9-10. My friend's
next door neighbor has a pool that the neighbor lets them use, so I
taught her kids while she kept mine at her house. Then I dropped off my
4 big kids at a kind friend's house to play all morning. I got my
grocery shopping in which was great since the Tracy's are still gone.
Jack taught FHE that night about Nephi getting the plates.
Tue
Jun 28--Bike ride first thing. Swim lessons 9-10. We went straight to
the big pool and came home for lunch. Ali watched my kids while Megan
and I went to the dentist in the afternoon. I got a cleaning and Megan
had a tooth pulled that had been infected and got a filling replaced.
The tooth was pretty awesome, it had a big root on it still and the
dentist used pliers to yank it out of there. She was pretty excited for
the tooth fairy that night. We picked up Jack's new glasses too.
They're cute. Dan went to the temple straight from work and caught the 5
pm session. I had book club that night and stayed up way too late
chatting with my friends. It was fun.
Wed
Jun 29--5 years since Mom died. I have been thinking about her a lot
during June and thought about her a lot this day especially. I miss
her. We rode bikes first thing (something I remember doing often with Mom as
a kid). Then I taught swim lessons--and I could just hear her voice as
I said "look at your tummy, kick your feet, go!". My friend whose kids
I'm teaching gave me some flowers since she knew it was a tender day.
On Tuesday she told me about meeting someone who knew Mom and I. It was
Susan Palfreyman who had really helped my friend out on a flight with
her kids. She and Susan put together that they knew me and my friend
kindly mentioned that she thought I was a great mom and Susan said,
"well let me tell you why--her mother was just the greatest.". And she
was. I learned so much from her, especially about loving my family and
I'm so thankful for her.
After swim lessons we headed
straight to the pool again for playgroup. This time I had packed lunch
so we stayed for a while. Here's our crew eating lunch:
Emily napped when we arrived, so I got her in her suit later--little cutie.
I love how she curls up her little feet!
She took a great nap after all that swimming--this was also Jun 29.
Thu
Jun 30--Swimming early with my friend. Bike ride with the kids. Last
day of swim lessons for my friend's kids. We finished with lessons too
late to make the 50 cent movie, so we came home and watched it on
netflix instead. Emily was being so cute, I got some smiling pics of
her. Ali and her kids came to play after naps before they drive out to
utah tomorrow. I went to a ladies night out at a friend's that night.
Many friends are heading out for July, so it was fun to spend time
together before we all scatter for a while.
Friday
Jul 1--It was a quiet day. We went on our bike ride and then i took
the girls back to school shopping. It was the first time I really let
them pick their own things and they LOVED it. We came home for lunch
and quiet time. Dan got home early, around 2:30 and we all worked to
get the house picked up. We had planned to go to the fireworks in our
neighborhood that night, but Jack spiked a fever so we had another movie
night at home. We've been working our way through star wars with the
girls (they've seen 4, 5, 6, and the new one) so we rented episode 1.
Just
before dinner, Candy passed out watching the olympic swim trials and
right as I went to take her picture, she popped her head back up and
pretended she hadn't been asleep.
Sat
Jul 2--This was a busy work day, getting the house ready inside and out
to host our annual 4th of July pancake breakfast. Dan and I worked on
the yard, then he ran to pick up a food order for someone and I worked
on the house inside. He got home and he worked with me and we had it
all spiffed up by bedtime. We watched some extra kids in the middle of
the day while their parents were car shopping. We were tired and went
to bed early.
Sun Jul 3--Dan had early meetings, but
the kids were really good this morning. I tried to get smiling pics of
Emily in the bath before church and she was making the funniest faces.
Finally a half smile.
The
kids looked so cute (the girls are all in their new dresses they picked
out on Friday) that I made them take a picture before church. Church
was nice and then we went to Dad and Sally's for dinner with them and
Carrie and a quick game of Taboo before they headed to the patriotic
sing a long and we headed home. We debated about going to the sing a
long too but in the end Dan was not feeling great (he's got a bad cold)
and we wanted to get the kids to bed on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment