We played 5 crowns and Canadian salad with Dad and Sally and
went to bed around 11.
Tuesday morning Dec. 29 was cold (in the 50s)
and we walked to the park by their house to let the kids play. Then Dad
and Sally treated us to lunch and we came home. Dan went to buy lumber
for my Christmas present from him--more storage in the attic! That
night we went to the T's house for cake and ice cream for Maddie's 7th birthday.
The picture above is my new storage. Dan and Beckett spent 5 hours Wednesday Dec. 30 nailing down plywood boards to give us an extra 10 foot by 11 foot space. It's so nice!
The picture above is my new storage. Dan and Beckett spent 5 hours Wednesday Dec. 30 nailing down plywood boards to give us an extra 10 foot by 11 foot space. It's so nice!
Thursday
was New Year's Eve. Our kids have been so tired all week! Jack passed
out in the morning on the couch. I had my 30 week checkup for this
baby--she's doing great!
After
lunch we took the kids ice skating and the T's met us there. The 6
older kids skated. Jack and I didn't skate, and the T's 2 year old
and baby and Beckett didn't skate. It was so fun to watch our girls.
One of Brooke's resolutions last year was to learn to ice skate, so we
barely squeezed it in--and she did awesome. Megan took a bit to warm up
but she did well too. Candy used a little ice walker thing and she had
fun with that but would do one lap at a time and then take a break for a
while before going again.
Candy-4, Kenzie-5, Megan T-8, Megan A-8, Maddie-7, Brooke-6, Mallory-2, and Jack-2
We
got home from ice skating around 4 and had Ali's fam over for dinner
and playing. They left around 6:30 and we headed to the T's to
watch the fireworks in their culdesac and have root beer floats and let
the kids bang pots and pans and the like. It was cold and even rained
pretty good for part of the fireworks show. We headed home just before 9
to put the kids to bed. Dan picked up Shad's fam from the airport and
he watched a bowl game while I fell asleep! It was the first year in a
few years that we didn't make it to midnight.
Use your imagination to fill in the noise here. 7 crazy excited girls banging pots and pans and blowing noisemakers and yelling to their hearts' content.
Friday
New Year's day was spent taking down Christmas and moving things into
our new storage space. We got a lot done and there's still a little to
go. Dan took the kids to Ali's while I caught up on the house and then we had dinner with Ali's fam.
Saturday Jan. 2
we ran errands in the morning and let the kids nap in the afternoon
before heading to Shad's for dinner. We were there from like 4 to 7 and
watched BYU basketball and I took the little girls in the hot tub.
Very nice time together.
Jan. 3 was a nice
Sunday. Dan had an early meeting but was done in time to come home and
help get everyone ready. It felt strange to have an extra 2 hours
before church. We moved from the 9 am slot to 11 am. Not my favorite
time, but it's better than 1! We got to church and Dan was asked to
bless the sacrament. Which meant that one of our kids was bound to melt
down. Today it was Brooke and it was pretty bad, I had to take her to
the car for about 10 minutes before we were both composed enough to go
back! I was thankful for Dan's sister helping with our other kids while
I was with her. One testimony I did get to hear was from Candy's
outgoing sunbeam teacher. She mentioned each child and what she learned
from them and for Candy said she learned to just be happy all the
time. It reminded me of things people have said about my Mom and I was
really touched by that. I hope my little Candy is like her namesake in
many ways.
The kids went to their new classes and did pretty well. Candy was a little nervous partway through and came to me crying, but she went back to class and did ok. Jack was a champ. Brooke was teary at dropoffs but had fun. Megan did great. My class of 8 year olds were really good. They were all kids I taught in nursery 7 years ago, and it's fun to see how they've grown. I think I'm going to like teaching them.
The kids went to their new classes and did pretty well. Candy was a little nervous partway through and came to me crying, but she went back to class and did ok. Jack was a champ. Brooke was teary at dropoffs but had fun. Megan did great. My class of 8 year olds were really good. They were all kids I taught in nursery 7 years ago, and it's fun to see how they've grown. I think I'm going to like teaching them.
No comments:
Post a Comment