Last
Monday was MLK day. We did a quick and early grocery swap. Dan had
work, but the kids were off school, so I went with Dan's sister, Ashley, and another friend, Colette and all our kids (15 kids between us)
to Sylvan Beach. It's farther up the coast than Galveston, just
through La Porte, and it's only 35 minutes from my house. I was worried
we'd be too cold to make it worth it (it was in the 40s in the
morning), but it was a beautiful, sunny day. It was probably about 55
and breezy, but the kids had a blast playing in the sand. We'd been
there an hour or so when all my 4 kids were begging for their
swimsuits. So I changed them and they waded and had a great time. It
was cold enough that no one really wanted to swim, but they had fun
playing in the sand and wading. We saw 2 sister missionaries walking up
the beach, and i went and said Hi to them. When I showed the kids,
they all came screaming "Hi Sisters!" and running up the beach after
them. It was their P-day and transfer day and one of the sisters was
going home the next day, so they'd come to the beach to take some
pictures. They took a few with all the kids before continuing on. We
stayed for a few hours and came home for dinner and family night.


Tuesday
I had my 32 week appt. Baby girl is doing great. After school I
watched 2 of the Tracy girls for a bit and Megan had piano.
Wednesday
we had playgroup at a park in Fall Creek. It was sunny and about 60. I
had a van-full when I pulled up, my 2 little ones plus cousin Luke, 2
of Ashley's kids, and another friend's son (that's 6 kids total). The
kids had a blast. Ali and Ashley helped with my other kids in the
afternoon while I took Megan to her ENT appt. Her ear tube was no
longer in place, so the doc pulled it out. And then she did a hearing
screen--STILL didn't quite pass on the left side. She's had a cough and
cold and fluid in that ear, so the dr. wanted us to do antibiotics for
10 days and come back in 2 months to see where she's at. If she still
has fluid, we'll probably do tubes again-boo. This was a new doc and I
liked her a lot. We discussed other possible causes for her hearing
loss and she mentioned that if the ear tube doesn't help with her
hearing, that possibly the little bones that transmit sound are too
stiff. If that is the case, she may have surgery someday to replace
those bones. But her hearing would need to be much worse than it is now
to make it worth it, so for now we'll just keep a close eye on things.
Thursday
while Candy was at Joy School I did a lot of cleaning and a few
errands. It was a nice, quiet day. We had cousins over after school to
play for a bit.
My lunch date on Thursday:
Friday
we had an open day, so I took Candy and Jack to Ikea so I could buy
another barstool for our kitchen. They had fun wandering around and we
had lunch there. Dan had a campout that night (he finished his Wood
badge certification, wahoo!), so the kids and I had some Little Caesar's
pizza and watched a movie. Dan didn't have to stay the night, so he
was home a little before 11 pm.
Testing a bed at Ikea...
Saturday
was fairly quiet. Dan took Brooke on a Daddy date (to get his tires
rotated), Megan had a birthday party to go to, and the rest of us just
hung out at home.
It was a nice Sunday today. Dan had
early meetings, so we met up with him at our sacrament meeting. It was
ward conference and we got a new Bishop. It's been a little over 5
years since our ward was created and we have had the same bishop all
that time. The new one will do great. I'm good friends with his wife
and they have 3 kids that we've done joy school and lots of playdates
with. After church we finished things up
for dinner. It was my night to host family dinner and everyone was able
to come. It was so fun to see everyone. Shad and Amy had to leave
first b/c Zach has Priesthood Preview tonight (crazy!), but we had fun
playing games and chatting with Dad and Sally and Carrie. They all
left just before 7 and we got our kids to bed after scriptures and
prayers.
Jack is obsessed with being read to lately. This is from Jan. 19
No comments:
Post a Comment