On Monday Dec. 7 Jack went for his
ophthalmology checkup. He is doing great. The whole goal of the surgery
and his glasses is that when he is looking straight ahead, his eyes are
aligned. And they are. He sometimes has alignment issues when he's
looking up or down because the movement of that left eye is so limited.
But overall, he does well. And they kept the same prescription on his
glasses. That was a good morning and then a we did grocery swap. And
then right after dinner Jack grabbed his blankie and came to snuggle on
my lap. **DANGER**!!! So he gagged and I turned him around just in time
so his tossed cookies hit the floor and not me. phew! The best part
was Megan who is super anxious about throwing up was completely
hysterical. Like shaking and sobbing and telling us she just wanted
Jack to leave. We calmed her down and cleaned Jack up just in time for
him to throw up once more, on the carpet, and right by Megan. She did
not love that ;). So we cleaned up some more while Megan sat alone in
the study to avoid Jack! Pretty exciting. He was done throwing up
around 11 pm and then slept good. And Megan was only up once.
Tuesday
morning Dec. 8, I woke up to Candy dry heaving just outside my door and Megan freaking out again. I
took the big girls to school and had a nice quiet day of movies and
Sprite and saltines with my little sickies. By dinner they were fine.
Wednesday
the weather was awesome, sunny and 75 and we had playgroup at my
favorite park, Mercer Arboretum. Megan went to activity days and they
took thank you notes to the primary leaders.
Then just after bedtime Wednesday night,
Megan came down looking a little green. Her turn. She was surprisingly
not flipping out at actually being sick. She was mad that her body
would dare to be sick, but she wasn't scared. And then I got sick in the middle of the
night. But by morning both of us were on the mend. So we stayed home
on Thursday while Candy went to joy school and Brooke went to school.
Friday
was Brooke's turn. So Meg went to school and Brooke was home. Dan
worked from home that day which was great so I could get some Christmas
shopping done. I took Jack with me but left Candy and Brooke watching
movies while Dan worked. That night Dan took Megan and Candy to the ward
party for the ward he is on the high council for. They had fun.
I took this pic on a walk with the kids Saturday morning just to document that fall does eventually get to Houston. It's just in December!
Yesterday was a nice Sunday. We sat by cousins for
stake conference and it was really good. Our stake president likes to
issue a challenge at each conference and this time the challenge was to
find someone we need to forgive in our lives and forgive them. After
church we decorated ginger bread cookies at Ali's house and then went to
a dessert potluck to say hi to a friend who used to live in the ward
that was visiting.
My cute boy watching birds in the backyard and all dressed up for church on Dec. 13. I love him.
Then just to top off our week, Brooke threw up one
more time Sunday night. She slept great and ate breakfast and is running
around, so I'm going to take her to school a little late. Hopefully I
don't regret that! (*I didn't. She stayed the whole day at school and was fine)
No comments:
Post a Comment