Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Week part 1

Christmas week was great.  Fun and busy and a good time.
Monday Dec. 21, the kids played with cousins while I grocery shopped.  I got all the food bought for all the festivities.  And when Dan got home that night, I ran and bought his gift so then I was done!
Tues. Dec. 22 we played with my friend Kat and her kids in the morning. 


After lunch with her, we went to Dan's office to see the Christmas decor there.  Amazing and huge trees--two of them were Lego trees (the green one and the red/yellow one).  The red and yellow one was filled with 20000 mini-figures!
Wed. Dec. 23 we went to the zoo with cousins.  It was WARM!  Like 82 degrees and super muggy.  We had fun and headed home after lunch.

We did Christmas Eve-Eve with my Dad and Stepmom this year because that worked best for everyone.  We arrived at 5 and had a delicious dinner--shrimp and prime rib and salad and rolls, the usual deliciousness. We headed upstairs to the game room to chat and play and the kids acted out the nativity.  Jack was pretty funny, he was Joseph and Shad was the donkey and Jack kept pushing Shad's rear to keep that donkey moving.  It was a lot of fun.  Dad and Sally opened their gifts from Jamie and I which were some decorations for the media room. 






After Santa's visit, we put the kids to bed in the bunk room and chatted before heading home around 10 pm.  A fun-filled night.

On Christmas Eve morning, we went to our friend's annual breakfast potluck.  Very yummy and fun.  And then Dan took our kids to the store to get me a gift from them :).  We had a quiet afternoon and then went to his Ali's house with 2 other families for Christmas Eve dinner. 
Our kids and Ali's exchanged gifts before dinner..

We did the nativity again.  Brooke was an angel, Jack a shepherd.

Candy was the star and Megan was Mary...


Pretty cute crew.  The star was my favorite :)

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

For some reason I can't see the pictures, and it's driving me crazy!

I'm impressed you've gotten this up so quickly :) Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.