We made plans to celebrate by going to see "The Music Man" at the Hobby Center and going to dinner at Benihana before. We typically don't do much more than a nice take-out dinner on our anniversary and so originally we felt like our plans for dinner out and a show was enough. But when Dan was gone at a meeting on Tuesday night, I started to shop around to try to find something extra special for him. I quickly closed the amazon tab when he got home and as we chatted he said, "I think maybe we should get each other something more for our anniversary" and I just started laughing that we had both had the same idea. I like him. So we set a last minute gift budget and surprised each other. (He got me a necklace and I got him engraved cuff links and a dress shirt to wear them with.)
We had a lot of fun on our date reminiscing about things we've learned, trips we've taken, and favorite moments from our first decade of married life. We've welcomed 4 children, completed 3 degrees, said goodbye to 2 grandparents and 1 parent, started our careers, moved twice (we hate moving!), and much more.
It was just as much fun to dream about what the next 10 (and beyond) will hold. 10 years ago it was just us. Now we are in the thick of small children age 7 down to 1. 10 more years and we will be in the thick of teenage parenting and down to our last year with all our children under our roof. I get the feeling we will feel like we've blinked and we'll be there.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Congrats on making it 10. I always enjoy seeing your post to get a little update on what's going on with your family.
Brian
Post a Comment