Saturday, December 15, 2012

Megan's Recital

Megan's first dance recital was on Dec. 15.  Oh the cuteness.  She was so excited and I was interested to see how she did when the time came to perform.  She did great!  She was a little nervous, but for the dance itself she was all smiles.
The studio ran a pretty tight ship.  This recital takes place at the studio.  Each class performs 15 minutes apart in the biggest classroom.  We were told to arrive 10 minutes early (and not earlier).  They had another classroom decorated for pictures--there was a backdrop for you to take your own pictures and another backdrop with a professional photographer if you chose.  Then they lined up the kids and we headed in to watch the dance.  Before they performed they introduced each child.  I have become such a crybaby since having children, and so of course I was all choked up as she was introduced and walked across to take her place in line.  The dance was just as you'd expect from 4 and 5 year olds.  What they lack in skill they make up for in cuteness and enthusiasm.  When I figure out how to get the video off the ipod, I'll upload it for the viewing pleasure of the grandparents.




Brooke wanted a picture too.   Apparently this is her ballet pose...we'll work on it :)

Waiting to go in...

Megan's introduction...

Tiptoeing to her spot...




Daddy and his girls


Mommy's turn...

I love this picture.  I always knew Dan would be a great dad.  And he is.  He really is.  His girls love him more than anything.  He carried Megan to the car so she wouldn't get her ballet shoes dirty.  

No comments: