We always love having Dan home from work for days at a time. This Christmas break was even MORE fun because it's the longest school break Dan has had in a year!
We finally gave Brooke her summer chore reward (that she earned back in August) of going roller skating. Our buddies the T family came along too and we had a great time on Dec. 26.
We hit up the skating place for toddler time (you can ride scooters/push toys as well as skate)--and they let us use the "skate-mates" for free since there were about 12 people there (and our group made up 10 of them!). Megan was excited to try out her wheels at first. But then she fell pretty hard a few times and the novelty wore off. I made her make 5 loops around before I let her switch to shoes :).
Candy only lasted a few minutes in her ADORABLE teeny-tiny skates. It was SO cute!
Brooke went around with Daddy a few times (that's right, Dan and I got our skate on too), but quickly switched to the trike. She had a blast.
Kenzie and Candy had a blast. They particularly liked pretending to ride the motorcycle in the arcade.
The Megans--having fun running around pushing the skate-mates.
Then on Dec. 29, our bud Maddy turned 4 and we got to enjoy her princess party. Take note of her adorable Princess Giselle dress (from Enchanted) made by her Mom
Candy especially enjoyed that cake--started with the fork...
Mmm (I love that squinty smile)
Forget the fork, she's showing that cake who's boss...
And, TA-DA! Here's what Megan and Brooke wore to the princess party--Princess Ariel (in mermaid form), Princess Aurora (aka I Know You)--made by me for Christmas. I had so much fun making those dresses. I made one for our cousin (Cinderella), then convinced Ashley she could make Giselle for Maddy, and then I just couldn't help myself and made 2 more.
Here's the Cinderella dress modeled by Brooke before we sent it off to Virginia.
1 comment:
The dresses turned out so great, I love Megan's tail. Thanks for the help and encouragement!
Post a Comment