Thursday, June 02, 2011

June 2011 part 1 (June 2)


June came.  I saw my Mom practically every day.  I tried to keep a little bit of normalcy for my kids and kept up with my Monday grocery swap and took them to playgroup on Wednesdays most weeks.  We'd try to get to Mom's in the morning (usually around 10 am).  We'd swim and have lunch and they'd go down for naps and I'd get quality time with Mom while they slept.  And then I'd always plan on leaving for dinner at home, but most days ended up staying.  It was just so good to be near Mom and the rest of the family, it was hard to tear myself away.
Mom was in the hospital thru June 4 which meant she didn't get to be at Tyler's graduation from 8th grade on June 2.  I went with my girls and met my Dad and Aunt Penny there.  It was hot and long (like most graduations).  Ty looked so handsome.  It's hard to believe he's done with middle school.  I found myself remembering my own 8th grade graduation.  It was 1998 and Tyler was just 1 year old.  What a contrast.  But anyway, I was glad I got to be there to share that with him (even though I had to take the girls home a little early--they were going crazy on those bleachers!).

What a cutie...my little bro Tyler on June 2

Megan, me, and Brooke--32 and 4/7 weeks along


While we were at the graduation, back at the house there was a beautiful planter going in.  It was a gift from a long-time family friend and coworker of my dad.  It was one of just many kind, kind things done for Mom and our family. 

After dropping the girls off with my sis-in-law Amy, I headed up to the hospital with 4 of my aunts. By this time, all 5 of my Mom's sisters had arrived but Aunt Tami stayed behind to oversee the planting. When the rest of us got to the hospital, Mom was resting so we all grabbed some lunch in the cafeteria.  When we got in with Mom, she was in such good spirits.  It was just a joy to be with her.  She was so excited to see all the sisters and happily showed off how her hair and eyebrows were coming back.  That was such an interesting phenomenon--here she was with a body that was on its way out and yet it could still manage to make her hair grow as if she was healthy as can be.

Mom and I on June 2

Terri, Vicki, Mom, Penny, and Tobi on June 2

Tired cousins after playing all afternoon, June 2

No comments: