Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Craft Crafty McCrafters

I've gotten to do a few crafty projects over the past few months (most spurred on by Super Saturday, but that's next post).
Here's a few finished products:

Valence...I'm mostly happy with it.  If I'd actually splurge for a nicer curtain rod I'd probably like it better.  I also debate whether or not to line it.  But I dread taking it all the way off and putting it all the way back on one more time (there were some issues during the sewing that scarred me). 

I am really happy with the colors.  They match the couches well and I like the stripes.

The pillow is what I'm REALLY happy with.  Same colors as the valence, but (obviously) a different pattern.  Once I put them out, they basically blended with the couch which I think means they look like they belong!  I never loved the black/zebra stripe pillows of the same size that the couches came with.


These frames used to be a gold-ish shiny color and had shiny pictures of kids playing in sand or something like that.  My mom gave them to me thinking I could do something with them someday and voila!  Ribbon holders.  They match the bathroom nicely.  And the carefully placed flowers hide where I broke a few pieces of the frame as I disassembled them to spray paint.  Go Team.

The only problem with ribbon holders is that they get full fast and they always look a little crazy with all the combined shapes/sizes/colors (this messes with my Type A desires for symmetry and neatness!).  But they work great. 

2 comments:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

I'm super impressed by your skills! Where do I place my order for my valence, pillows and ribbon holders? We both know I could never make those things, so lets just assume from here on out that I'll need you to make me at least one set of everything you make yourself. Thanks! hahaha!

Michelle said...

Cute! You are so talented!! Seriously, the valence and pillow look great! And I never would have guessed you broke the frames due to the carefully placed flowers.