On July 16th, we had family and friends meet up at our neighborhood pool to have a little party for our Brookie.
She loved showing off her walking-in-water skills (consisting of step, step, dive underwater and wait smiling underwater for some adult to save her). Incidentally, I never manage to take pictures at the pool now that I have children...who knows why?
We swam and played and sang "Happy Birthday" and had cupcakes and really enjoyed ourselves.
Playing at the pool is definitely my favorite part of summer. It is so relaxing to be outside and in the water. I love, love, LOVE it.
A little pre-party present opening--thanks for the books and cute oufit Granny and Grandpa :)
I love the sunscreen sheen and spiky hair!
I just love those blue eyes and rosy cheeks.
Yay! Steps! (I only have these pictures since my parents were there to take pictures)
Cute cousins--Megan and Chloe (two terrifying fish--both are just good enough at swimming to be really, really dangerous!)
Uncle T and Brooke!
I included this because I can't look at this picture without laughing--it's my brother Shad. Dan, Ty, Shad and my Dad enjoyed the big slides more than the kids. They especially appreciated the shorter wait times during "adult swim"--no kids to get in the way!

4 comments:
Cute pictures! That's one of the things I miss about Texas is the abundance of neighborhood/community pools. They don't have them in Utah like they do down there.
P.S. It was so nice to see you last weekend, even though it was super short. Thanks for coming! We need to find a time to play again soon (not at a funeral)! :-)
looks like a fun party! Happy birthday Brooke! :)
I am still amazed that you have a neighborhood pool, and that it has a water slide! Amazing! She is so cute and the look over the shoulder photo is awesome. But obviously, my favorite one was of Shad. Hilarious.
Hooray for updates and pictures!! Looks like Houston is treating you well. How fun to be a mom to such cute little girls!
Post a Comment